PDA

View Full Version : is this right?

Jrw
07-15-2012, 06:59 PM
I purchased a set of tein flex from a guy for a good price. He said they were from an rsx. My stock tie rods fit through the strut and the nut will tighten enough for me to put the pin through. I also purchased rsx tie rods. These will not fit down far enough for the nut to tighten enough to get the pin through the screw. which should I use? Also my the tire rods sit higher so the pole between the inner and outer tired is at an upward angle when stock one sits flat no angles. Thanks forth help.

si.hatch
07-16-2012, 07:22 AM
I would say since the stock ones work, I would se those

AttarixEp
07-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Probably weren't off a type s. Use the ep3 tie rod ends since they fit.

j.lai
07-16-2012, 10:48 AM
tie rods will sit at an angle for lowered cars unless get RCA's or inverted tie rods since the arm will be higher due to the shorter strut body.
As for the Tein Flex's, if the sticker is still on the coils, the sku on the sticker should have either EP3 or DC5 on it.

Jrw
07-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks forth help I appreciate it.

slo_k20
07-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Yeah sounds like the coilovers are EP3 spec. The DC5 tie rod ends utilize a larger diameter bolt and taper to accommodate the larger hole in the DC5 shock arm. I just purchased a set of T1R EP3 inverted tie rod ends because I needed more toe adjustment. They are longer and mount upside down from factory, so they fix the angle problem of the tie rods when you lower the car that much.

Some people will need the inverted tie rods ends to zero out their toe. Some won't. I've heard of people running racelands and having no such problems and can get away with using oem tie rod ends. When I put my car back on the ground after the coilover install the tires looked like this | /

These T1R tie rod ends also use an open heim joint with no rubber boot, so you will have to maintain them with grease periodically to avoid failure.