PDA

View Full Version : i need help with my 05 ep3?

mikemitchep3
07-15-2012, 10:20 PM
so im wanting to do work on my ep3, ill post pics soon but i want like a carbon duck bill spoiler and a full suspension, but idk what to get and where i was thinking skunk2 pro c full suspension and idk where to get the spoiler and id also like to get the megun grill but idk and i want to fix up my ep3 but idk where to start i was told suspension first, plus front strust are shot almost. it has full skunk 2 mega power exaust dc sport headers from the cat up, aem v2 dual flow intake, nuespeed short shifter and 17 inch motegi trak lites that need poater coated, but other then that its stock any ideas im open to all i plan to carbon fiber the hood and trunk also an the doors! i want like a auto cross/drag/dailey driver/show car i want it fast but and look like a race car but not hallow it out! feel free to add me on face book i have a ton of pics of my ep but any help would be appreciated im 20 and working on being a michanic but idk much about performence! http://www.facebook.com/#!/mikemonstermitch

Draw7Seven
07-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Welcome to the forum! I think the answers to all of your questions are here, but you're better off searching for them individually and finding out what other people have to say about suspension choices and carbon fiber components--why consult just one thread that maybe 4-5 members will chime in on for a couple of days, when you could tap into years of shared knowledge by doing just a few more minutes of reading? Start out reading in the suspension technical forum and I think you'll find that some people swear by Skunk2 while others call it "Junk2." At the end of the day it's important for YOU to get an overall idea of what's available on the market and what's going to be the best for you. Just think, the more research you do before a purchase, the less buyer's remorse you end up having!

Popeye
07-16-2012, 03:41 AM
Wow, that hurt my head reading that...
Dude, you're all over the place. Like Draw said, do some more reading first. Some reading would tell you EXACTLY where to get your carbon fiber spoiler. Figure out what YOU want, then go from there. Unless you have a ton of money, which I doubt since you want to be a mechanic, you'll have to start somewhere and go from there. Figure out what you can afford, what suits YOUR needs, then start buying.
Also, what exactly do you mean you're going to "carbon fiber the trunk?"

Draw7Seven
07-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Wow, that hurt my head reading that...
Dude, you're all over the place. Like Draw said, do some more reading first. Some reading would tell you EXACTLY where to get your carbon fiber spoiler. Figure out what YOU want, then go from there. Unless you have a ton of money, which I doubt since you want to be a mechanic, you'll have to start somewhere and go from there. Figure out what you can afford, what suits YOUR needs, then start buying.
Also, what exactly do you mean you're going to "carbon fiber the trunk?"

I think he means CF hatch, but that's an assumption. Can't imagine somebody having cf all over their trunk.

Popeye
07-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Most people get carbon fiber hoods and hatches, etc. But, I HAVE seen people lay carbon fiber sheets on stuff. Personally, I feel that it's ok in the interior. Just my opinion, but I think it looks RETARDED when it's laid on top of body panels. It's like a person that carries around a skateboard so everyone will think he's a skater, yet he can't even ride the thing.