PDA

View Full Version : Soooo close

PoRT
01-08-2003, 04:24 PM
i have the money for a K20A2.. and i am about a nut hair away from buying it. however, i dont have the money for the install itself. i was thinking about doing it myself, but i dont have a freakin garage to do it in. i can probable get an engine hoist from a friend, but i think it would be a bitch trying to do this on jack stands. should i just wait and hope to find a good deal on one when i can afford the instal too, or should i take advantage of a buddy of mine selling a complete swap for 3k? i cant pass up an offer for 3 k. this really sucks.

hacim
01-08-2003, 04:54 PM
Sounds good but if you want to go turbo then how about this set up? K20A2 head, crank and connecting rods and then go turbo. The compresion from our pistons will allow quite a bit more boost then the compresion of the K20A2 pistons. Not only that those connecting rods and the head are designed for a 11.1 compresion ratio.

PoRT
01-08-2003, 05:31 PM
well if i get the A2, im not gunna go turbo for quite a while. Should i wait for a turbo, or should i get the A2 with the Honda Upgrade? 8600 fuel cut off would be sweet. i am also confident that the swap with a few upgrades would run STRONG. i dunno, what do u guys think? if i get the A2, within the month i will get the hondata flash, headers, and a midpipe within the month. then.. off to the track hehe. any suggestions? boost or swap?

IceD out N CALI
01-08-2003, 05:36 PM
I think the A2 with hondadata is a better choice. you start with the extra 40 horsies and can build from there. the a2 has better aftermarket support too:)

Skidtron89
01-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Do the swap it's a very easy swap anyways. We did Modern-perf's swap with jack stands and an engine hoist. It was easy nothing to it. It's much harder to put a B16 in a CRX. Well not harder but more involved. This is a very straight forward swap and runs perfect and just like a stock car. You should keep about $80 set aside though so you can pay the Honda dealership to re flash the prom so the immobolizer can match your ignition key. It cost 1 hours labor even though they do it in like 20 minutes or so.
The hardest thing about teh swap is getting the peice of crap shifter unit out so you can modify it for 6th gear. It is harder than doing the engine swap as the shifter is in tight quarters and doesn't want to get out so it can be trimmed.

PoRT
01-08-2003, 07:07 PM
thanks for the info.. if i do this.. u might get some PM's(if ya dont mind) or phone calls hehe
anyway, the info is appreciated, ill reply back shortly

Skidtron89
01-08-2003, 09:08 PM
No problem.....our shop would be happy to get the money for labor for this swap if you want to pay us too! Let me know or mode-perf know who is also on this site as you well know.

yomamaInMySi
01-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Dude get the swap, you never know when this opps might come around again if ever. It's a 50/50 chance, you might get a better deal or not. Get the swap, the worse case scenerio is for your to keep the motor on your basement 'til you save some money for the the labor. IMO

PoRT
01-09-2003, 12:13 PM
the $@!%er sold it on me :( looks like i have to find one else where.. so keep a look out for me