PDA

View Full Version : ESMMs, WindoWeld, new mounts?

ryboto
07-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Just swapped transmissions and saw the front engine mount has a tear in one of it's support pieces. The drivers side is also in dire shape. We had some issues getting the axles in, and broke a sway bar endlink, and now, when I shift hard, I hear a pop, if I do a slow controlled shift I don't hear any unexpected noises. The compliance bushings are shot too, but I didn't hear this pop before. Regardless, I'll replace the endlink, the bushings, but what should I do about a cracked motor mount? Seems the front one is the hardest to find a replacement for, so should I just fill it in and get ESMMs for the others?

Motor is stock, but I do plan on a k24a2 swap in the future.

Draw7Seven
07-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Windoweld or ESMM's are both perfectly fine low-budget band-aids, but you should look into full mounts since you have build plans down the road. You'll get a little more vibration transfer into the dash, but it's better than ripping through mount after mount. Pay now or pay later.

lemonhead228
07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm in the process of doing this. Put windoweld in the esmm with the mount and squeezed it together for a tight fit. The windoweld will absorb the vibrations and will be solid as any other mount. But try to get a mount that's in good condition.