PDA

View Full Version : Power Inverter Related to SRS Light???

civicsidrvr
07-19-2012, 12:33 AM
My SRS light came on last fall. I reset it using the "paper clip method". It was off all winter until about 2 weeks ago. Both times, as I tried to figure out what might be causing it, I had a power inverter connected to my cell phone and started the car with it plugged in. So, for the heck of it, I Googled the phrases and it seems as if there's a "known" issue concerning cell phone use, power inverters, and triggering SRS lights in Honda's (maybe other cars too but I searched for Honda). It seems if I have my cell phone charging by the emergency brake it occurs. I typically have it in the door handle cutout thing right next to me. But both times the SRS came on my wife wanted to "check the map" on my phone so I left it in the little narrow space near the e-brake.

Is this pure craziness? Should I also believe in bigfoot and ghosts? Am I on to something or is it just a coincidence? Anyone else notice this?

Civic5lug
07-19-2012, 05:19 PM
My SRS light came on last fall. I reset it using the "paper clip method". It was off all winter until about 2 weeks ago. Both times, as I tried to figure out what might be causing it, I had a power inverter connected to my cell phone and started the car with it plugged in. So, for the heck of it, I Googled the phrases and it seems as if there's a "known" issue concerning cell phone use, power inverters, and triggering SRS lights in Honda's (maybe other cars too but I searched for Honda). It seems if I have my cell phone charging by the emergency brake it occurs. I typically have it in the door handle cutout thing right next to me. But both times the SRS came on my wife wanted to "check the map" on my phone so I left it in the little narrow space near the e-brake.

Is this pure craziness? Should I also believe in bigfoot and ghosts? Am I on to something or is it just a coincidence? Anyone else notice this?

Yes lmao

The SRS unit is on a separate circuit then the power outlet.