PDA

View Full Version : Need help with fan switch trouble shooting

frost
07-21-2012, 11:23 AM
AC blower fan runs when the fan switch is in the off position. Fan switch does not control the speed but will engage the ac when turned on. Both other knobs on the heater control panel still work.I thank you all in advance for the help.

Civic5lug
07-21-2012, 05:25 PM
AC blower fan runs when the fan switch is in the off position. Fan switch does not control the speed but will engage the ac when turned on. Both other knobs on the heater control panel still work.I thank you all in advance for the help.

AC blower fan? The AC fan next to the rad fan? Or the blower motor that's under the dash?

frost
07-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Under the dash. I think it may be a bad power transistor that is located on the blower motor under the dash but I'm not to sure how to check the power transistor.

frost
07-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Turns out that it was the blower power transistor that is located under the dash on the passenger side attached to the blower housing with two 8mm screws, but when you call around to find one theyll have it listed as a resistor and not a transistor. Changed it out with a new one and it fixed the problem. If anyone needs help email at z28si04@gmail.com and I'll try my best to help you out.