PDA

View Full Version : Need Help installing coilovers!

xx_civic_si_xx
07-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Hey guys wondering if anybody in the LI/Qnz region could help me install my coilovers and camber kit...Id rather not pay the shop 300-400 when i can use that too buy something else, but i will treat whoevers helps me to some lunch. If anyone could help me out hit me up at 516-673-1330.

Thanks ALot

boricua4life
07-24-2012, 06:37 AM
Its a very easy job. I know there's a lot of ep'ers over there too. All you need is a jack stand, 10mm,12 and a 14, and ball joint separator. Oh and if its front or rear camber I think those are 17mm... look on here for a couple of diy will surely help.

xx_civic_si_xx
07-24-2012, 11:50 AM
the thing is im pretty inexperienced with this type of stuff so how long do you think it would take me to complete the job?

mitchlikesbikes
07-24-2012, 12:13 PM
the main front strut bolts and rear lower strut bolts are a lot bigger than the sizes boricula listed.

if you're a bit of a n00b then you should definitely find someone with experience to help, cause chances are with you being in new york the underside of your car is going to be just as rusty and siezed up as mine was. just prepare for the worst. with someone helping you could probably knock it out in a day. without anyone helping it could take longer than that.

oh and DO NOT let your axle pop out, trust me haha

boricua4life
07-24-2012, 06:25 PM
yea if you know someone tha can help you out definetly do that. the front camber bolts might actually 19" but yea dnt let your axle pop out.;.. ive done that a couple of times but can be easily put back just requires time and effort.

fdnyjon
07-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Hey man Im from around your area. I installed my coils around January this year i think. Its pretty easy to install but just make sure you have at least some knowledge on it lol I could help you out if you like

xx_civic_si_xx
07-28-2012, 11:46 AM
thanks for the info guys appreciate it..how do you prevent the axel from popping out???..@fdnyjon hey bro I would appreciate that where you located?

fdnyjon
07-28-2012, 02:12 PM
thanks for the info guys appreciate it..how do you prevent the axel from popping out???..@fdnyjon hey bro I would appreciate that where you located?

To prevent the axle from coming out just try not to pull it too much.. If it comes off you just have to fiddle with it and pop it back in.. It was pretty easy, maybe took about 5 minutes of messing with it the first time. Im located in Queens.. I was texting you the other day bro

whatsvtec
07-28-2012, 02:30 PM
It's not that bad to deal with the axles popping out. So long as you understand how a universal joint works.

xx_civic_si_xx
07-28-2012, 04:25 PM
ooo lol ok..do i need to buy aftermarket tie rods or is the stock ones sufficient

fdnyjon
07-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Well i am still running the stock ones on mine.. Lol so i guess its alright?

xx_civic_si_xx
07-29-2012, 01:50 AM
how many inches did u drop ur car?

fdnyjon
07-29-2012, 01:50 PM
how many inches did u drop ur car?

I forgot exactly lol I have buddyclub's and the fronts are all the way slammed and the rears are almost topped out.. I dont think Buddyclub's drop alot like Skunk2 for example