PDA

View Full Version : Srs light came on :(

rd02SiR
07-26-2012, 07:37 AM
So after a few months with new racing seats and steering wheel, my srs light came on.

Got to work, unbuckled from my OEM seatbelt, and the light came on. I'm assuming it's the buckle receiver. I'm hoping it's just a resistor that came loose.

I called Honda anyways to see about warranty on the SRS systems. They said they would charge $100 to diagnose then parts and labour. NO LIFETIME WARRANTY!

So I'm gonna check the resistors, and do a reset.

Any input would be appreciated!!

Thanks brothers! (and sisters)

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

rd02SiR
07-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Ok so I pulled the code. It's the seat belt buckle.

Is there a way to bypass it? Can I do like steering wheel bypass, use 2.2 ohm resistor in the plug?

It's an 02, so no factory side airbags, and it seems like only one harness that goes from under the flior of the seat going to the buckle.

1st
07-27-2012, 04:57 PM
If its the buckel thats a recall my light came on a year ago and honda fixed it for free. Its a known issue.

tinman5
07-27-2012, 07:49 PM
My driver side buckle was replaced for free about a year ago as well. I would think a buckle off an RSX or same year Civic would maybe work as well? Just a thought.

I would also re-install the stock seat before going to a dealership.

rd02SiR
07-27-2012, 07:55 PM
I asked about warranty and they said no deal. I don't have my oem seats anymore. Think i can just use a resistor?

tinman5
07-28-2012, 04:57 AM
Just for shits and giggles, install the stock seat and go to another dealership and ask about the coverage.

After exhausting the dealership options I would consider the resistor (which may not work as the sensor inside the buckle is whats malfunctioning/broken) or sourcing a used buckle depending on the cost of a new one.

I just thought about this some more, assuming you get the right value resistor it *should* work.