PDA

View Full Version : tein spring silencers.. need to know what size

HFPcivicSI
07-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Hey guys, sorry I did not post this in the suspension section, but it seems to not get viewed as much, and I need an answer by the end of this weekend so I can order (if I get an answer sooner, Ill order sooner).

http://www.tein.com/online_shop/wrench.html

I am thinking I need the medium :
TEIN SPRING SILENCER RUBBER: MEDIUM (90-130MM DIA).

Is that right? I need them for my front HFP suspension to quiet it down, I can tell I have spring on spring love going on, and while it has settled down (just installed suspension last weekend) the noise is still there.

Also, on the page they display a rubber spring seat... is that a bottom mount, and would that work on my HFP's? I am only looking to quiet the front end down. Or the spacer spring seat? Would any of those help?

Thanks in advance.

HFPcivicSI
07-31-2012, 09:40 AM
bumpo

HFPcivicSI
08-02-2012, 06:18 AM
bump.. anyone buy these ever?

HFPcivicSI
08-08-2012, 12:33 PM
BUMP.. no one?

poeticfinesse21
08-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Did you get your HFP kit new or used? A brand new kit shouldn't be making any strange noise unless you didn't align the tophats correctly. If it's used, just disassamble your front shocks and inspect them, maybe the strut bearing is done or the springs were not mounted correctly. You shouldn't need spring silencers on an OEM suspension kit.

HFPcivicSI
08-08-2012, 08:39 PM
HFP was new... I have a clunk somewhere, so I am going to take it to a shop to get them to look at it. I think from the previous suspension that was slammed, it may of put stress on certain components that may of worn them a little funny... I honestly dont mind spending the money to replace a big chunk of the front end components... I just want it to be right, and ride like a brand new car. I just purchased kpro, and will be buying a turbo setup shortly, and having the trans rebuilt. I want to make my car seriously ride like brand new, shift like new, and make more power. Money isnt really the issue, but its getting it done right, and if I can get it done cheaper than more expensive, thats more money for building the motor up.

Honestly, I am 0 mechanically inclined, and partly disabled to the point that I cant lay under cars and work on them from a spinal surgery, but I make really good money so its a-ok :) Obviously, anything I can get done cheaper is better. I dont want to drop my car off at a shop and tell them that the sky is the limit on money though.