PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake Guide

bizzle
07-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Anyone have a rear brake guide for an 05 ep3? I've done the fronts but from what I can see the rears are different where you need to spin the piston back into the caliper, unlike the fronts that press in. Is this true? I just want to make sure I have all the tools on hand.

tinman5
07-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Yessir.
A few years ago I had a small piece of 1/8" steel strap welded onto the end of a six inch C clamp to make the job easier. Works like a champ.

poeticfinesse21
07-28-2012, 01:56 PM
I just changed my passenger rear caliper and pads on both sides yesterday. All I needed was my ratchet, 10mm and 12mm sockets, a c-clamp and a flathead screwdriver. All I used was the c-clamp to get the piston back in.

powdbyrice
07-28-2012, 04:03 PM
dont mind the caliper painting part.
http://www.k-series.com/content.php?765-RSX-Brake-Pad-Replacement-and-Caliper-Painting

bizzle
07-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Install went no problem, got a tool to turn the pistons in. Only bad part was, on the way to my friend's house to do the work, the passenger side window regular cable snapped and the window dropped. Thankfully it didn't break the glass. It's now being held up with a screw driver until the part gets here tomorrow.