View Full Version : Rust problem!!!!!!

fdnyjon
07-28-2012, 02:08 PM
moved/ deleted please

jared07
07-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Rust converter/inhibitor...

POR15 is good stuff too.

What I would do...Scrape rust off, vacuum, inhibitor, POR15.

Tell your fat friends to quit spilling their cokes

jared07
07-28-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.por15.com/

Link, you can find at home depot/lowes ace, autozone etc...

Draw7Seven
07-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Talon did this before he used monstaliner across the entire interior. He has a thread showing how he sanded off the existing rust and then used a rust stopper (like por15) before applying mostaliner. Try to search that up/

fdnyjon
07-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Rust converter/inhibitor...

POR15 is good stuff too.

What I would do...Scrape rust off, vacuum, inhibitor, POR15.

Tell your fat friends to quit spilling their cokes

LMAO @ fat friends and cokes

fdnyjon
07-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Aight guys thanks for the input. I will look into that stuff

jared07
07-29-2012, 07:17 AM
Its not too difficult just stop it while you can. Easy fix and while you're in it might as well throw in some sound deadener on top too if your into that kinda thing :)

fdnyjon
07-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Its not too difficult just stop it while you can. Easy fix and while you're in it might as well throw in some sound deadener on top too if your into that kinda thing :)

But will that stuff cover the entire hole? Or is it just a paint? And I was actually thinking of removing the sound deadening lol My EP3 is like my toy its not for luxury or w.e you would like to call it haha lol

EUB44
07-29-2012, 11:14 AM
I was planning to remove my rear seats. Let me know how it turns out.

fdnyjon
07-29-2012, 11:20 AM
I was planning to remove my rear seats. Let me know how it turns out.

I felt the difference in acceleration.. But sound is definitely up there lol I dont mind though

fdnyjon
07-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Should I get a new piece of metal welded in place of the hole? I would like to have a clean floorboard. I will be removing all interior pieces for a paint. Thinking about going with a glossy white color.

Draw7Seven
07-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Yes, I didn't notice the gaping holes the other night. You'll want those filled before you bother using protectants to prevent the issue in the future.

fdnyjon
07-30-2012, 01:24 PM
LOL get it filled with what though? Or does it have to be welded with a new piece?

Draw7Seven
07-30-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't know the first thing about body work, but my speculation is that if you can sand down a clean surface around the holes you may be able to use something like bondo instead of welding fresh metal on. Or perhaps that's not what bondo is for and you have to use scrap to actually fill them. That would be a question better answered by somebody else. Once it IS repaired, though, you need only to smoothe everything up with sanding and apply the protectant and then whatever color you want.

fdnyjon
07-31-2012, 11:42 AM
I don't know the first thing about body work, but my speculation is that if you can sand down a clean surface around the holes you may be able to use something like bondo instead of welding fresh metal on. Or perhaps that's not what bondo is for and you have to use scrap to actually fill them. That would be a question better answered by somebody else. Once it IS repaired, though, you need only to smoothe everything up with sanding and apply the protectant and then whatever color you want.

Yea i went to get my clutch re-adjusted yesterday and while i was there i told my buddy about it and he said he could do the weld for me.. I told him to give me a price so he is going to let me know soon.. I hope it doesnt cost too much. He has to remove anything that is underneath, the tank.. and then weld the new piece and everything else you said lol

WHat do you think the price would be for that? Im going to get it painted myself

56chevydan
08-02-2012, 05:54 PM
You also need to find out where the water leaked in or you're going to have the same problem again in the future.

fdnyjon
08-02-2012, 07:00 PM
yeah I think it was just a one time thing. Maybe the previous owner let water get in or something. I just finished removing the rest of my seat stuff like the seat belts and a few other bolts and parts.. I still have to remove the sound deadening stuff to make it look better. Really want to get it fixed up and painting so it could look nicer.