PDA

View Full Version : Kraftwerks 06 Civic Si Kit= 405 whp / 251 wtq, EP3 Compatible?

JIYAKKU
07-29-2012, 12:52 AM
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/supercharging/298603-kraftwerks-mugens-outkast-build-result-thread-kit-just-good.html

Of course this car had cams in it as well but it is still rocking the original K20Z3 engine.

With the usual race header, intake, exhaust, and Hondata tuning solution the kit makes about 382 whp / 240 wtq @ I believe 9 psi

http://kraftwerksusa.com/wp-content/gallery/2006-2011-honda-civic-si-supercharger-system-now-available/copy-2-of-kwdyno2.jpg

The question is if this kit can be adapted to the EP3 somehow. Both engines have about the same dimensions so it is a matter of hood and engine bay clearance.

I want to see what it does with my K20A2 at a conservative 8 psi.

Kerby
07-29-2012, 05:20 AM
I too agree. I wonder if it will fit. My only concern is the intercooler piping.

jared07
07-29-2012, 07:03 AM
in on this

Ba82Ep3
07-30-2012, 04:38 AM
I think there is one member currently with the Kraftwerks setup? I havent been on a lot lately...

differentK
07-30-2012, 07:24 AM
i think your better off with the DIY kit if anything. that 06 kit is almost 5K and more than likely will need a good deal of customization to get it to work/ fit. for that money- your almost better off importing a TTS kit from the UK made specifically for the ep. not to start a company bash either but i would be wary of the fact that kraftwerks is paired with skunk2... not the greatest of images at the moment. personally- i would go with a turbo kit before the rotrex

Ba82Ep3
07-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Im only fond of the Rotrex in place of the AC compressor. I do like the lower TQ numbers... which leans more towards FWD traction. Its funny to see trends... NA builds are running big 2.5 and 2.6 stroker setups and turbo builds are running mild 2.0 and 2.4 setups.

I would really like to see 2.2 builds become popular... but with the availability of 2.4 blocks... i dont see it happening.

freeme62410
08-04-2012, 02:05 PM
this one is ep3 specific and converts to be about $6500 usd. looks pretty awesome if you ask me! http://www.rotrexsuperchargers.co.uk/Rotrex/pages/products/cars/CivicTypeR_EP3/prod_CivicEP3_st3.html

JIYAKKU
08-06-2012, 10:12 PM
^ The TTS Kit is a nice kit but it is not for DD because you obviously can't run A/C with that kit. I believe they have street kits that retain the A/C but the problem is that after spending about $6500 on the kit you still have to factor in the cost of shipping and the fact that you still have to buy a K-Pro and get it tuned. I could be mistaken but such was the case a couple years back. But no doubt it is a nice kit.

I would be more budget minded. I would probably order an EP3 specific Greddy knock-off intercooler kit like the EMUSA one from eBay for $200 and try to piece it with Kraftwerks' top mount S/C brackets for the 06-11 Civic Si and then work from there. Again the question would be fitment. This of course is all speculation and it probably wouldn't be the best looking thing but if you can at least muster 300 whp it would definitely be worth it.

differentK
08-07-2012, 07:15 AM
the TTS kit is super classy but not exactly reasonable for us in the states. 6500 is alot of money for a supercharger no matter what way you slice it- thats more than a full race turbo setup. throw in kpro, raceheader, exhaust, tune, etc... you could be looking at almost 10grand in 'bolt ons' alone for 300ish whp. if you still have the a3- thats beyond stupidity... borderline mental retardation.

if your set on going with a rotrex SC- i would suggest you get the DIY kit and befriend someone with some welding/ fab skills. hacking up piping and trying to make it work is kind of defeating the point.

ep3moschini
09-10-2012, 10:08 AM
It would be much more afordable to build your own kit

Reaper27
10-25-2012, 06:50 AM
Sorry in advance for high jacking your thread but I'm looking at getting a JRSC off an 07' Si and was wondering if it would fit?

Ba82Ep3
10-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Sorry in advance for high jacking your thread but I'm looking at getting a JRSC off an 07' Si and was wondering if it would fit?

The manifold will be different than the EP3/DC5 variant. It can be made to work though. I wouldnt hesitate to move on it if the price were right...

differentK
10-25-2012, 08:11 AM

it will fit with some mods- you will either need an adapter plate (like the karcepts RBC adapter) or an RSX inlet to use your throttle body since the 07 is DBW

Reaper27
10-26-2012, 03:04 AM
Ok, so basically all I would need would be the adapter plate and it'll bolt up no issues? I'm not looking for a heavy mod requiring set up haha, had enough if that. I'm not sure about the price just yet but will find out soon. If it is right I'll probably pick it up

Ba82Ep3
10-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Im not sure if hes talking about the IM adapter for the head, or a TB adapter for the SC inlet. Either way there isnt a lot of 'modifications' persay, just things need to be shuffled around for it to work properly.

usedep3
10-26-2012, 09:50 PM
The throttle body adapter plate is will be an issue. I remember, lldiesell had to have an inlet machined when we installed his. The required modifications are 'minor'. For the most part, it bolts right up. You will also have the same A/C line issues you would have if you bolted a DC5 spec kit into an ep

gtimportfanatic
12-14-2012, 11:25 PM
im doing a high comp build on my EP and i always thought about doing a rotrex if i wasnt satisfied with a 280whp all motor EP3 lol.. but considering how much im spending on the build, coming up with another 4K to build a kit would be kinda hurtful lol