PDA

View Full Version : coilover question need help!

bootymeatson
07-31-2012, 05:12 PM
hey guys, so i just bought some k sport kontrol pro coilovers and after installation i realized i can slam the rears but i can only lower the fronts about an 1-1 1/2 inches bcuz at the bottom of the coilovers where they thread is really close to my cv joints and i don't want them to be too close and rub when i hit bumps...anyone else experience this or have similar problems? anyway to change it? i was really looking forward to slammin it and now i can't.:mmad:

mitchlikesbikes
07-31-2012, 05:17 PM
my bcs were the same way when i installed them because the previous owner had them slammed. i had no intention of slamming my car so mine are raised up to where the monotube is about even with the bottom of the strut mount. i'm not sure how you'd fix it. my best suggestion is don't slam your car. hahah

bootymeatson
07-31-2012, 05:27 PM
if that were the case then i wish i woulda saved the 1000 dollars i spent on them and kept on my tein springs lol.

mitchlikesbikes
07-31-2012, 05:47 PM
you should still be able to go a lot lower than tein springs. you just can't "slam" it

bootymeatson
07-31-2012, 07:26 PM
I cant..the way u adjust these you spin the tube without adjusting the spring perches. when u go lower the tube gets closer to the cv joint. Im lowered about a inch and a half the the tube from the coilover is about to touch the cv joint. I cant go lower and my tire bareeeelllyyyyy sits under the fender,it barely looks lowered.

mitchlikesbikes
07-31-2012, 07:32 PM
i understand how monotube coilovers work, that's exactly how my BCs are. but tire sitting under the fender barely looks lowered?

dude, have you SEEN a stock ep3? hahah

bootymeatson
07-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Haha i kno, theyre crazy stock, i think im just so used to the tein springs i had on for like 4 yrs and i spent all this money finally becuz i wanted to go lower and i wasnt able to achieve that so its just dissapointing.