PDA

View Full Version : Body kits and driving hard

Popeye
08-02-2012, 05:44 AM
For you guys with body kits that have been lowered any more than like an inch....do you have any problems driving hard into a curve and scraping any of your body kit parts?
I ask because I like the way the Type R kits look, but would be afraid they might get a little banged up if I decided to take a nice little drive into the mountains.

Manny Kid 15
08-02-2012, 06:31 AM
If you are talking about just lip kits their ok yeah you might scrape if your lowered more than 1" I was dropped 2" on skunk2 lowering springs and scrapped everywhere

MANNY KID 15

mitchlikesbikes
08-02-2012, 10:30 AM
scraping around turns is unlikely unless your car is dumped. scraping in gutters is what will get you

Her-Name's-Ally
08-02-2012, 10:34 AM
my buddy is on H&R springs and has a front and rear lip kit. He was scraping everywhere when we went to the mountain. depends how low I guess

cow
08-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Don't lower your car like a ricer & you will be fine.

Civic5lug
08-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Words spoken by the Cow are law :bow:

tinman5
08-02-2012, 06:18 PM

Now if you find yourself driving so fast that no road can contain you...literally, your gonna mess some stuff up no matter how un-low you are.
I attack the hillcountry a few counties over and the most serious damage I end up with is mostly gravel and overspray on the wells and lower quarters.

EUB44
08-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Now if you find yourself driving so fast that no road can contain you...literally, your gonna mess some stuff up no matter how un-low you are.
I attack the hillcountry a few counties over and the most serious damage I end up with is mostly gravel and overspray on the wells and lower quarters.

Than you shouldnt drive it like u stole it around hillcountry area dude. If road is messed up slow down and take the right lane. Cow is right. If your not ricer low, you are fine

Popeye
08-03-2012, 09:28 AM
I was kinda wondering because I like the TypeR kits, but I live in the mountains, about an hour away from The Dragon. I like to drive out there every now and then and have some fun. I don't get to go as slow as I'd like, but I have other places I like to go. Not to mention I'd like to maybe autocross one day.
This is funny...I'm in school and won't evevn be able to afford ANY of this shit until I graduate. Hey, I like to window shop! Leave me alone! hahahaha

cow
08-03-2012, 09:31 AM
I had a CTR front lip on my car & autocrossed for years with nary a problem. I never drove my EP3 to US129, but I didn't have problems there in my much lower 350Z with a Mines' front lip & APR splitter or my Evo with OEM lips.

tinman5
08-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Than you shouldnt drive it like u stole it around hillcountry area dude. If road is messed up slow down and take the right lane. Cow is right. If your not ricer low, you are fine

I wasn't complaining about the damage. I was refering to the cats that actually lose it and drive off the road. Doesn't matter how low or not you are, youre messing up your ride. I always feel bad to see a nice car get nicked.

Popeye
08-05-2012, 06:54 AM
I wasn't complaining about the damage. I was refering to the cats that actually lose it and drive off the road. Doesn't matter how low or not you are, youre messing up your ride. I always feel bad to see a nice car get nicked.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Like I said, I love the Type kits, but if I were to pay $4k and drive the car fairly hard every now and then, and nick the kit up any? I would be PISSED!!!