PDA

View Full Version : Help

The new Paul03
08-09-2012, 03:30 PM
My car had a cel for the tps high voltage. I reset the ecu by pulling the fuse car runs normal then the second time I start it the cel comes back on. I went to autozone and had them read the codes again and now they are telling me its a barometric pressure sensor and I have a faild ecu. Has this happened to anyone else or is there something I can do to fix it without replacing my ecu. I had a coolant line break and spray antifreze in my bay two days later the cel came on. Any help would be appreciated

1st
08-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Whats the check engine code?

SC61Boosted
08-09-2012, 04:12 PM
i would guess that coolant got into your sensors and messed them up. Ive had to repalce my MAP sensor because water got to it.

here’s what I found in the manual:
DTC P1122: TP Sensor signal higher than expected
1. Turn the ignition switch on
2. Check the throttle position with the scan tool
• Is 12.9%, 0.6 V, or less indicated when the throttle is fully closed?
If YES: intermittent failure, system is ok at this time
If NO: replace the TP sensor (the TP sensor is not available separately)
DTC P1106: BARO Sensor Range/performance problem
1. Reset the ECM
2. Start the engine. Hold the engine at 3,000 rpm with no load (in neurtal) until the radiator fan comes on, then let it idle.
3. Test-drive with the transmission in 4th gear.
4. Accelerate for 5 seconds using wide open throttle
5. Check for a Temporary DTC with the scan tool
• is Temporary DTC P1106 indicated?
• If YES: update the ECM if it does not have the latest software, or substitute a known-good ECM, then recheck. If the symptom/indication goes away with a known-good ECM, replace the original ECM
• If NO: intermittent failure, system if ok at this time
DTC P1107: BARO Sensor Circuit low voltage
DTC P1108: BARO Sensor Circuit High Voltage
1. Reset the ECM
2. Turn the ignition switch on
• Is DTC P1107 or P1108 indicated?
• If YES: update the ECM if it does not have the latest software, or substitute a known-good ECM, then recheck. If the symptom/indication goes away with a known-good ECM, replace the original ECM.
• If NO: intermittent failure, system is ok at this time

Chapter 11. fuel and emission, pgs. 63 and 83
I hope this is helpful :-)