PDA

View Full Version : Hfp Front lip kit with fog lights

ohio si
08-14-2012, 03:26 PM
i just order the HFP front lip kit and fog lights. i was reading here on the forum that the fog lights wont fit if you are going to install the HFP front kit. is this true, cause im planing on installing next week. i have an 03 civic si.

is there a Fog light Template where i no where to cut the holes.

1st
08-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Per the website http://www.handa-accessories.com/civicsi.html

Fog Light Kit
Genuine Factory Honda Civic Si fog light kit. Precision optics provide a highly controlled light pattern to enhance driver's visibility in dense fog, rain or snow. Integrated design and plug-in connectors give a factory installed appearance. No wire splicing for better reliability. Includes switch and all parts needed for installation.
NOTE: Can't be installed with front underspoiler

Q:is there a Fog light Template where i no where to cut the holes.
A: It should have come with the kit if oem

04sidriver
08-14-2012, 03:57 PM
they will fit but you have to trim the lip to fit the foglights. that is what i did with mine

ohio si
08-14-2012, 08:38 PM
04sidriver

how bad is the triming on the front lip, will i have to trim alot?

i got the foglights from here http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?66531-Depo-CTR-style-Projectors-Yellow-Fog-lights

04sidriver
08-15-2012, 04:33 AM
you wont have to trim a lot. you would just trim a little and see how they fit and trim somemore.

blueandgoldep3
08-15-2012, 12:14 PM
first id like to ask ... where did you order a hfp lip from? they have been discontinued and become a real hassle to find ... second... alot of people have different tricks on fitting the fogs into the lip... personally im not all all about chopping up a $300+ lip ... tow of my friends have figured out a way to fiber glass the fog into the lip which prevents you from having to chop up the lip ... message me if you need more info

ohio si
08-15-2012, 06:16 PM
blueandgoldep3

i need more info bro

ohio si
08-15-2012, 07:03 PM
04sidriver

will i have to trim around where the fog lights will be trying to get some pionters before i get ready to install this weekend

04sidriver
08-16-2012, 04:22 AM
04sidriver

will i have to trim around where the fog lights will be trying to get some pionters before i get ready to install this weekend

i put the fog lights in the lip and saw where i needed to trim. i trimmed pretty much around the bottom of where the fog light circle is.

D'sEp3
08-16-2012, 07:17 AM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/racer4life4ever2001/DSCN1722.jpg
trimed the fog light covers and the back of the lip to make it fit

dble0
03-11-2013, 07:31 PM
can you tell at all that you cut anything? any chance on some tips of a DIY

dreman
03-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Can you just trim the fog covers versus trimming the front lip to make this fit?

dble0
04-18-2013, 08:01 PM
so I just pulled this off last night. Couple of tips. first separate the HFP lip from the bumper. Second, you don't need to or want to cut the fog light housing. Third, the top inside corner needs to be cut the most. Fourth, use a dremel with a cutting wheel, it won't leave burs or chip the paint. Fifth, start by taking off just over 1/4 inch all the way around the opening evenly, test fit and cut again. I want to say the total cut was around 1/2 inch. Warning the bottom of the opening doesn't have to be cut as much as the top, mine has a gap now between the fog and the lip(sounds way worse than it is). Honestly it looks awesome, if you never knew what the kit looked like before I cut it, you really can't tell that it was cut. For more info PM a number and I will text some pix.

dble0
04-24-2013, 07:54 AM
Ill get some pics up in a day or two. Anybody else with close up shots I would be curious to see how others do it differently.

dreman
04-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Yes please post up your pictures I can't really find any helpful pics yet online.

bigo711
04-25-2013, 02:50 AM
I just installed my fog with HFP lip.

You need to Trim both fog and the lip. You need to trim about 5cm off the lip (the inner part that's touching the fog). You also need to trim about 1cm off all around the circumference of the foglight cover.

I use the original place to mount foglight.

It would be hard to describe even with photos.

02ep3413
06-02-2013, 07:31 AM
Looks good, how long did it take you? wiring hard?