PDA

View Full Version : Changing STD coilover for ... ?

sir_2002
08-15-2012, 12:47 PM
I've been riding the STD coilover since 3summers and i want something new
Never really like the feel of those suspension and they really too soft for trackday
Paid 1600$ for those and kind of upset.. think i have a strut or a top plate worn too..

So, i'm looking for stiffer damper's and more track oriented shocks without beeing too stifs cause its a daily drive too
current spring rate of the STD coilover are 6k front and 8k rear

I've tought about the buddyclub rsd too just want to know some of your experience with coilover

mitchlikesbikes
08-15-2012, 02:26 PM
i love my BC type brs. have not had a chance to get them on the track yet though.

just make sure you get something with adjustable dampening and you can have stiffness for the track and softness for DD

whatsvtec
08-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Buddy Club RSD looks pretty nice. Offset rear bolt hole, mono tube design, good spring rates. If I didn't have Tein Basic already, I would snag a set.

Jukka
09-03-2012, 11:43 AM
O.T. what are you doing with your STDs? I'd be interested in them for the right price.

antisocial
09-17-2012, 06:35 PM
I have been running buddy club RSD on my dd for 5 years, and it's time to replace them. They are very firm, not a good choice for rough roads. they are great on smooth roads and tracks, would be a great coilover for someone who doesn't do much street driving. they can go very, very low, but those buying a serious coilover like the RSD should hopefully know better than to just slam their shit to the ground.

rhdsirek4
09-18-2012, 07:08 PM
I have been running buddy club RSD on my dd for 5 years, and it's time to replace them. They are very firm, not a good choice for rough roads. they are great on smooth roads and tracks, would be a great coilover for someone who doesn't do much street driving. they can go very, very low, but those buying a serious coilover like the RSD should hopefully know better than to just slam their shit to the ground.

How low do these go? I need something really stiff but low at the same time.. FF type 2's are crap