PDA

View Full Version : SPC Vs. Ingalls?

Her-Name's-Ally
08-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Front camber bolts; are they exactly the same? same price more or less
Basically just wondering if there is a difference.

poeticfinesse21
08-17-2012, 01:37 PM
I think camber plates are the better option over the bolts (easier to adjust, more adjustablilty) but if you go with the bolts, both spc and ingalls are the best choices. I don't think there is a difference between the two, just preference. I've been looking at these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-CASTER-CAMBER-ALIGNMENT-PILLOWBALL-UPPER-MOUNT-PLATES-KIT-/261074036716?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ARSX&hash=item3cc939a7ec&vxp=mtr
I've heard good things about them here and on clubep3 so I plan on picking up a set in the future.

Her-Name's-Ally
08-17-2012, 01:43 PM
oh nice come up. Maybe ill do some more research on those :thumbu:

yugisama
08-17-2012, 02:32 PM
I have the SPC bolts for a few years and never have any problem with them when I bring my car out for alignment.

And I have Progress lowering spring on my car.

Her-Name's-Ally
08-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I have the SPC bolts for a few years and never have any problem with them when I bring my car out for alignment.

And I have Progress lowering spring on my car.

Good infor thanks brotha. Throwing on springs as well as soon as I get these

MajorJones
08-17-2012, 02:41 PM
I have both sets (2 for each side). There is a difference between the two. The Ingalls cam lobe on the bolt is thicker, which is better for more camber either way. The problem with that is, when i swapped my Racelands for my extra set of Tokico blues. The Ingalls cam lobe was to big to fit thru the hole. That's what she said lol. So, i had to use the Spc bolts. Just an FYI.

Her-Name's-Ally
08-17-2012, 02:53 PM
hahah hmm I think Ill go spc because Ill be getting coils in about 6 monthes or so

black05ep
08-19-2012, 05:32 PM
I couldnt get the spc cam bolts to fit my stock shocks or aftermarket. Neither top or bottom one.

Her-Name's-Ally
08-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Strange never heard anyone having that problem... well except you

black05ep
08-20-2012, 06:46 AM
Yea neither bolts fit inany of the holes.. idk.

whatsvtec
08-20-2012, 06:58 AM
camber plates rule, I love mine. easier to use and more solid than any cambolt will be

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

black05ep
08-20-2012, 07:18 AM
I saw the tophat camber kit in someones post from ebay. Lookin into those once i replace my tierod ends that got ripped saturday. How do u get the old ones off?

poeticfinesse21
08-20-2012, 08:41 AM
I couldnt get the spc cam bolts to fit my stock shocks or aftermarket. Neither top or bottom one.

Is your EP an 02? Maybe you got one of the very first ones produced with the 14mm crash bolts in the front, most EP's and all RSX come with 16mm crash bolts.

I saw the tophat camber kit in someones post from ebay. Lookin into those once i replace my tierod ends that got ripped saturday. How do u get the old ones off?

You just loosen that big nut in the middle of the top of the shock. You'll need a wrench and an allen key and put some pressure on the spring as you pop off the tophat or else your spring will fly out. You'll probably need a spring compressor to get the camber plates on.

black05ep
08-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Is your EP an 02? Maybe you got one of the very first ones produced with the 14mm crash bolts in the front, most EP's and all RSX come with 16mm crash bolts.

You just loosen that big nut in the middle of the top of the shock. You'll need a wrench and an allen key and put some pressure on the spring as you pop off the tophat or else your spring will fly out. You'll probably need a spring compressor to get the camber plates on.

Mines an 05. Hence the name.lol idk what it is with the cam bolts.the threads fit in but the cam part is just a tad too big. And the tops hats i knew how to do that. I was referring to replacing the tierod ends.i ripped the boots.and couldnt get the old ones off to put on the new ones

poeticfinesse21
08-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Mines an 05. Hence the name.lol idk what it is with the cam bolts.the threads fit in but the cam part is just a tad too big. And the tops hats i knew how to do that. I was referring to replacing the tierod ends.i ripped the boots.and couldnt get the old ones off to put on the new ones

The easiest way to get the tie ends off for me was to leave them bolted on to the shock. Then get the correct size wrench around the nut that holds the outer tie rod to the inner tie rod. Then I grabbed my breaker bar or any long skinny pipe and I struck the skinnier end into that hollow black brace under the steering rack so I had some leverage on the wrench to break the tie rod loose. Once it's loose I just popped it out of the shock and unscrewed it by hand. Make sure you put the new one exactly where the old one was or else your toe will be all fucked-up. I needed an alignment anyway so I just screwed it on until it was tight.

differentK
08-20-2012, 10:38 AM
i switched out both front and rear camber kits from SPC to ingalls... the SPC parts all rusted solid so the rears couldnt be adjusted and the front bolts just snapped. i like the ingalls kit- seems alot beefier/ well made to me.

jjthug88
02-05-2013, 08:08 AM
im bumping this just to say differentK im trusting you on the ingalls, fellow northeasterner!!

EP3Lov3
03-21-2013, 10:15 AM
i have the ingalls kit on the rear and im satisfied with it