PDA

View Full Version : HELPP!! Coilover Install Problem

xx_civic_si_xx
08-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Hey guys ok long story short after long hours spent at the shop due to rusted nuts and fragile parts i finally got the suspension off my car, i bought rokkor coilovers (lets not discuss the coilovers) and the top hat's top bolt is only holding onto a few threads of the top hat on the new shock. Everything looks right to me, and i put exactly what came out of the top hats back on the shock but it dosn't seem to fit flush...any help would be appreciated thanks people

black05ep
08-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Hey guys ok long story short after long hours spent at the shop due to rusted nuts and fragile parts i finally got the suspension off my car, i bought rokkor coilovers (lets not discuss the coilovers) and the top hat's top bolt is only holding onto a few threads of the top hat on the new shock. Everything looks right to me, and i put exactly what came out of the top hats back on the shock but it dosn't seem to fit flush...any help would be appreciated thanks people

Had the same problem with mine. I had both axles pop out broke both tie rod boots and found a busted lower balljoint. But with the tophat bolt i put the original one back on then the other ontop til i can call wayne from ssr tomorrow

xx_civic_si_xx
08-19-2012, 08:18 PM
but did your top hats screw all the way in? like the middle bolt is only holding on to like a thread or 2 and spins when i put a wrench to it and turn it

mitchlikesbikes
08-19-2012, 08:57 PM
shouldn't the threaded rod be broached for an allen key so you can keep it from spinning while you tighten the lock nut the rest of the way down?

black05ep
08-20-2012, 05:14 AM
I used an impact wrench. Im going to call wayne later and find out.

black05ep
08-21-2012, 06:38 AM
Ok i have the ssr coilovers.had the same problem. Called wayne and he said its a lock washer in the nut.i suppose if u push down hard enough with the socket or impact wrench the washer will finally catch threads but i just used my stock top hat nut and it worked fine.