PDA

View Full Version : Purge Control Solenoid

eclecticteg21
08-19-2012, 04:46 PM
I've searched, on this forum and others, and fail to find the answer I'm looking for. Here is my situation:

I had the symptoms of a bad iacv, and then the cel popped for the iacv. I cleaned it, very thoroughly, and the cel went away. My idle also smoothed out, but it still stays at 1200-1500 rpms. If I blip the throttle, itll dip down to about 800 or so, then rise to 2k, go down to 1k, then settle between 1200 and 1500 rpms.

Im not throwing any codes. If I unplug the tps, it acts up, leading me to think that is fine. If I unplug the iacv, it acts up, which again leads me to think its good. All lines are hooked up, I dont think its a vacuum leak. The only sensor on/around the throttle body that makes no change at all when unplugged is the purge control solenoid. The lines are all connected and its not broken from the outside. Car is stock.

What are the symptoms of a bad purge control solenoid? Im aware of its function, but not quite sure if there would be any effect on the idle.

Thanks in advance, and any other suggestions are welcome.

SC61Boosted
08-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Hey eclecticteg21, have you tried to test the solenoid? Here is a web site that tells you how to do it. It's under "possible solutions" #1. I hope this helps!
http://www.obd-codes.com/p0443

eclecticteg21
08-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow. Anyone else have any suggestions, or possible symptoms of a bad purge control solenoid?

Thanks again, sc61boosted.

eclecticteg21
08-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Yea, I found my problem. It was actually a vacuum leak, on the OTHER side of my intake manifold. Thanks for trying to help though, it was appreciated.

SC61Boosted
08-20-2012, 05:35 PM
You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that you found the problem and fixed it :-)