PDA

View Full Version : Got My HKS Intake! AWSOME!!!!!!

simann
01-08-2003, 11:07 PM
My goodness its so Loud! I put it in less than an hour, sound awsome and Super growly with my HKS Hiper cat back exhaust.
Cost around $156.95 at options auto salon, I FINALLY got it after 1 month 1 week on back order! But it sure was worth the wait!

Mods:

HKS HIPER Custom Cat Back exhaust
JDM "H" emblems
HKS Short ram intake
Mugen oil cap! ( Wow weeeeeee! I'm a baller now!)
Motegi MR8 17'' wheels
Dunlop SP sport W10 215/40 rubber ( OMG They grips like CRAZY!!!)

And more to come.....

Beachya
01-08-2003, 11:14 PM
How does she feel?

Suk02Si
01-08-2003, 11:22 PM
did you just get the filter?

http://www.optauto.com/store/images/HKS-SPF.GIF

simann
01-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Yes thats Exactly it , but the kit comes with a black Aluminum tube that hooks up to the big rubber bend just outside where the sensers are....Also the filter is the new 3 layerd blue one, not to worry though, you can purchase the filters in an array of colors!

She pulls harder at 4000+ RPM. Having an exhaust system really helped. Also its a short ram intake not the cold air...I find those hard to take seriosly. Although Cold airs work better in the summer, Short rams do just as good. In the summer I plan to add a DC sports header and Heat rap ( it cools the heat from the header by 70%!).You can get it at Options Auto also.

For the rest of the cars looks ,I got the JDM emblems and they are GREAT looking , worth every penny!

But anyway,I have sensed significant power increase in all RPM's, torque etc...

Mods:

JDM "H" emblems
HKS Short ram intake
Mugen oil cap! ( Wow weeeeeee! I'm a baller now!)
Motegi MR8 17'' wheels

And more to come.....

ssvr6
01-09-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by simann
But anyway,I have sensed significant power increase in all RPM's, torque etc...
[/B]

Nothing like cold hard facts from the "butt dyno". ;) j/p

Why HKS and not one of the other SRIs?

Steve

irrational
01-09-2003, 09:26 AM
http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/autos/huy.ek/images/11.jpg
What about this HKS intake system? This is one pimp ass set-up although this is an EK Civic shown. I would probably go for this system if i was not so interested in the JRSC that is supposed to be coming out in may.

jaydub
01-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Also its a short ram intake not the cold air...I find those hard to take seriosly. Although Cold airs work better in the summer, Short rams do just as good.

Umm, I hate to break it to you, but there is a reason that CAIs make more power, and that is because it isn't pulling air from the hot engine bay like a short ram is. Why would a CAI be hard to take seriously? :confused:

spoon3168
01-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by irrational
http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/autos/huy.ek/images/11.jpg
What about this HKS intake system? This is one pimp ass set-up although this is an EK Civic shown. I would probably go for this system if i was not so interested in the JRSC that is supposed to be coming out in may.
wow that thing cost a fortune:eek: :confused:

simann
01-09-2003, 07:03 PM
BECAUSE i have had three friends that have literally drowned their motors in rainy weather!

Also how many pro racing circut cars do you see with a cold air intake? Uhhhhhhhh...NONE, because it sucks up more dirt and grime from the road cause its closer to the ground!

Steve.. I picked HKS because I dont want the "other" SRI's, everybody has them. And also I run HKS exhaust , isn't it fitting?
I have had more car club buddies ooh and ahh over just the simpleness of it. It looks better( which was a minute part of my decision to get it).

And Irrational, if HKS does not make it for our cars...Dont waist time to post it.

Good god you all are a hand full!!!

Also STEVE... What the hell are you writing about a freaken "BUTT DYNO"? Yeah cold air has better HP, I know that .
Bit why did MUGEN pick a SRI on their black civic si project!?

Why not? Is it your server?

I just want to get the word out on a new intake that NOBODY has,I dont see a problem with "cross posting"!

Mods:

JDM "H" emblems
HKS Short ram intake
Mugen oil cap
Motegi MR8 17'' wheels

And more to come.....

simann
01-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Steve I dont like your always ratting on my posts,

What do you have on yor car?
And I really did noticed a diff. in throttle response, In any case can you just not type your negative shit. I'm really sick of it .

Mods:

JDM "H" emblems
HKS Short ram intake
Mugen oil cap
Motegi MR8 17'' wheels

And more to come.....

ssvr6
01-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Smart ass, I was joking. Hence the smile.

I was asking a serious question about the SRI, don't read to far into it.

As for what I have..I have an Injen CAI and it works great for me.

BTW -- Relax.

Steve

DownTheHatch
01-09-2003, 11:38 PM
*hands simann a sense of humor, size 6*

jaydub
01-10-2003, 09:29 AM
BECAUSE i have had three friends that have literally drowned their motors in rainy weather!

Also how many pro racing circut cars do you see with a cold air intake? Uhhhhhhhh...NONE, because it sucks up more dirt and grime from the road cause its closer to the ground!

Steve.. I picked HKS because I dont want the "other" SRI's, everybody has them. And also I run HKS exhaust , isn't it fitting?
I have had more car club buddies ooh and ahh over just the simpleness of it. It looks better( which was a minute part of my decision to get it).

And Irrational, if HKS does not make it for our cars...Dont waist time to post it.

1) Stop posting your whole "mod" list, it's gay.

2) If your friends have "drowned" their motors in rainy weather, they are retarded and deserve it. If you are careful, you have nothing to worry about.

3) Last time I checked, you are not driving a Pro Circuit car, you are driving an economy car. And that whole road grime thing is hilarious. :rofl: Oh god, I better put some plastic bags over my brakes, heaven forbid they get road grime on the calipers! :eek:

4) Nobody's knocking your choice, so don't be so defensive. The only reason you're being knocked here is because you're talking out of your ass with no concrete information aside from "it feels faster." Well, my car feels faster after I've washed it, so it must be faster, right?

JDM Whore
01-10-2003, 02:24 PM
On a side note, I heard it's bad to get header wraps, because it causes your header to rust and possibly crack. Yes header wraps do keep your header hotter, and engine bay cooler, but in our case, it's not too useful for daily driving. LIke stated above, we aren't circuit racing. That's just what I heard, someone correct me if im wrong, and please correct me with mature and intelligent responses, not ignorant bashing.;)

jaydub
01-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by JDM Whore
and please correct me with mature and intelligent responses, not ignorant bashing.;)

Hey now! My bashing was well thought-out and well written! :p

simann
01-10-2003, 07:24 PM
OH....I fell so sorry bashing you all. Uhhhhhhh No.

JDUB: What your mods? If you have more , your even gayer than I am!
No "gay comments, I was joking"
Also, "mutts nutts": I CAN feel my car pull harder at 4000 rpm's,
I never said " it feels faster". When you get Full intake/exhaust
i'v heard it gives more HP, it might be a little "nutty" rumor.
The Si is not an ECONOMY car, If you want a economy car go for a insight.Why did you buy your Si if your not going to drive it hard? Stupid Tree Hugger!

And I am right about the CAI, Why don't the big companies like Mugen and Spoon run CAI instead?

And for Header wrapp, It WONT CAUSE RUST ON AN AFTERMARKET STAINLESS STEEL HEADER. Stainless steel was produced to " resists rusting".

JDUB , thats why you dont post mods,YOU KEEP IT ECONOMICAL!

Mods:

JDM "H" emblems
HKS Short ram intake
Mugen oil cap
Motegi MR8 17'' wheels
JDM type R Leather Shift boot
PIAA Super X treme Bulbs

Next will be something you aint got BIATCH!
And more to come.....In yo mouth! Hahahahahah

:p

95 GSR
01-10-2003, 08:14 PM
"I heard it's bad to get header wraps, because it causes your header to rust and possibly crack"

i dont know about the rusting but i heard that wraps do make the headers crack, esp. the ceramic headers.

Just wondering, but is a JDM type R Leather Shift boot and a JDM "H" emblems considered a mod?

jaydub
01-10-2003, 08:18 PM
The Si is not an ECONOMY car,
Based on this, I can only conclude that you are about 17 or 18. For these reasons, you should consider changing your name from simann to sichild. Moreover, The Si is not a sports car. Last I checked, spoon and mugen aren't the only two companies who make parts for Hondas, but if you're a brand whore, then by all means, support them.

And what I said about your mods is that posting the whole list every time you post is really stupid. If you think anyone cares that your tires are the bomb diggity, think again. Also, consider an elementary typing (or perhaps english) class, because your spelling and grammar are ridiculous. BTW, the whole euphamism about "coming in my mouth," gay much?

natesi
01-10-2003, 09:38 PM
OH....I fell so sorry bashing you all. Uhhhhhhh No.

JDUB: What your mods? If you have more , your even gayer than I am!
No "gay comments, I was joking"
Also, "mutts nutts": I CAN feel my car pull harder at 4000 rpm's,
I never said " it feels faster". When you get Full intake/exhaust
i'v heard it gives more HP, it might be a little "nutty" rumor.
The Si is not an ECONOMY car, If you want a economy car go for a insight.Why did you buy your Si if your not going to drive it hard? Stupid Tree Hugger!

And I am right about the CAI, Why don't the big companies like Mugen and Spoon run CAI instead?

And for Header wrapp, It WONT CAUSE RUST ON AN AFTERMARKET STAINLESS STEEL HEADER. Stainless steel was produced to " resists rusting".

JDUB , thats why you dont post mods,YOU KEEP IT ECONOMICAL!

Mods:

JDM "H" emblems
HKS Short ram intake
Mugen oil cap
Motegi MR8 17'' wheels
PIAA Super X treme Bulbs

:p

Lame

r3p00c
01-11-2003, 06:26 AM
I really hate to possibly feed this fire, but I just wanted to make a point to the little racerboy... mugen does use a cold-air intake on their project type-r. It draws in air through a duct in the grille, hence the wider opening on the left side.

That's all I have to say about that. :)

Type X
01-11-2003, 07:59 AM

Mods:

JDM "H" emblems
HKS Short ram intake
Mugen oil cap
Motegi MR8 17'' wheels

And more to come.....

hey quick question. . .

is that list your sig or do u actually copy and paste it up on EVERY post me and my friend have a 5 dollar bet going

Jpax
01-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Wow this got interesting.

:confused:

:D

ssvr6
01-11-2003, 08:18 AM
I can tell you that it's not his sig...

Mods:

JDM "H" emblems
HKS Short ram intake
Mugen oil cap
Motegi MR8 17'' wheels
PIAA Super X treme Bulbs

If you quote a thread, you'll never get their sig in it. Cut and paste...

Steve

TrippZ
01-11-2003, 03:33 PM
ahahahah

yeah simann its called a signature

If you have 3 friends that have all gotten hydrolock, then you have 2 pretty stupid friends. that first friend shuld have passed the word to get a bypass valve. your other 2 were just too damn stupid to get one. This is why I'm not getting a CAI. Besides from the fact that I dont have money, when it rains in dallas, it all comes down at once, and its hardcore rain.

No one was bashing you till you took steves comment out of hand

What is the Si? Whats that you say? A civic? What's a civic? Oh, an economy car, oh i get it. Wait what? Ohh... so just because you slap in a different motor with more power makes it a speed demon? You sure? Because I thought economy cars had good gas mileage and stuff like that....

ssvr6
01-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Before this turns into a flame war...

Locked.

Steve