PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Shift Cable Question

Euroyellowep3
08-27-2012, 05:39 AM
After searching, I couldn't find much info on the Hybrid Shift cables for the EP. Im trying to get to the bottom of some shifter slop and I think these might do the trick. My shifter moves in all directions about .5-.75" and it drives me nuts. I have a 7 y/o BCSS in the car right now, with stock shifter cables and trans. Have any of you installed these cables and have some feedback to share? I'm wondering if the shifter cable bushings are enough at this point. :mrolleyes:

303EP
08-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Try getting the MTEC Industries race shift lever assembly spring. It cut down that movement DRASTICALLY and it makes shifting much more precise. I would try that before forking out a lot of $$$ for the cables. I have the spring, short shifter, cable and base bushings and that shifter has almost no play now

sir_2002
08-27-2012, 09:41 AM
@ 303ep thats you who posted it on the ephatch page on facebook right?

It looks like an nice upgrade !
I might install that this winter i have slack on my shifter too

303EP
08-27-2012, 09:47 AM
@ 303ep thats you who posted it on the ephatch page on facebook right?

It looks like an nice upgrade !
I might install that this winter i have slack on my shifter too

Maybe, I was asking about my tranny or clutch when I posted. But it's definitely a nice upgrade

Civic5lug
08-27-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm still saving for a set, but 2 weekends ago I installed some brand new OEM ones and the shifts tightened up pretty good. My car is an 05 and has been driven hard since day one lol. Forgot what the shifts felt like.

Euroyellowep3
08-28-2012, 05:55 AM
I'm still saving for a set, but 2 weekends ago I installed some brand new OEM ones and the shifts tightened up pretty good. My car is an 05 and has been driven hard since day one lol. Forgot what the shifts felt like.

Are you still setting up the group buy in your signature?