PDA

View Full Version : Rokkor coilover HELP!!

xx_civic_si_xx
09-01-2012, 09:49 PM
So i went to get my rokkor coilover adjusted since i want to put 17's on the ep3 and the mechanic told me that these coilover arent adjustable (height wise), he said he can only adjust the stiffness....im so confused cause i was under the impression that you can adjust ride height with these...any input would be appreciated especially someone who had owned these perviously.

303EP
09-01-2012, 11:44 PM
So i went to get my rokkor coilover adjusted since i want to put 17's on the ep3 and the mechanic told me that these coilover arent adjustable (height wise), he said he can only adjust the stiffness....im so confused cause i was under the impression that you can adjust ride height with these...any input would be appreciated especially someone who had owned these perviously.

You mechanic is a fucking idiot. Rokkors are only height adjustable...you can't adjust the stiffness on those.

mitchlikesbikes
09-02-2012, 12:40 AM
You mechanic is a fucking idiot. Rokkors are only height adjustable...you can't adjust the stiffness on those.

this. since they aren't a monotube design preload can't be adjusted, only height. plus adjusting coils isn't really something a mechanic would do. if you're really too big of a noob to do it at least find a reputable tuner shop.

tinman5
09-02-2012, 05:00 AM
There is so much tragedy in this thread...
If you bought them new bust out the spanners that came in the box, jack up the car and spend some quality time in the driveway with your car and maybe a couple of pops. I prefer Coors Light when messing with my ride height.

Now if you bought them used or had them installed by someone and they kept the spanners you will probably have to buy a new set or find someone local with a set to help out.

xx_civic_si_xx
09-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Update: I went to him this morning and I saw the rear strut at his shop and it had a good like 3 inches of thread left on the sleeve. I asked him why he didn't shift it all the way up and he said that the tool was bending cause of the resistance of the spring. He told me Im going to need a spring compressor then he might be able to shift the strut up more. He also said that since it didn't come with a 3rd perch near the end of the strut the 2 perches only compress the spring...Im so p'OD right now

tinman5
09-02-2012, 09:23 AM
That is the....craziest... thing I have heard in a long time.

black05ep
09-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Holy sh!t smh...

EUB44
09-02-2012, 11:14 AM
she just trying to fuck u. Thats all

Kerby
09-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Do yourself a BiG favor and tow that car outta there RIGHt NOW!!!

AKAahlecks
09-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Do yourself a BiG favor and tow that car outta there RIGHt NOW!!!

+1 on this.

Yeah man, please save your baby before it's too late and find another mechanic. This so-called mechanic makes me sad.

tinman5
09-02-2012, 11:47 AM
The sad thing is there are people out there that actually wonder why I choose to get my hands dirty and work on my own cars. They look at it almost with disdain.

ep3colin
09-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Wow, use a flat head and a mallet if the spanners aren't working

xx_civic_si_xx
09-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Im going to a different mechanic shop tmrw but this guy screwed me big time and cause of my car being low with 17's my wheels are rubbing a little on bumps...this is like my worst nightmare!!

mitchlikesbikes
09-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Im going to a different mechanic shop tmrw but this guy screwed me big time and cause of my car being low with 17's my wheels are rubbing a little on bumps...this is like my worst nightmare!!

http://www.blogkindle.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/shocked.jpg

xx_civic_si_xx
09-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Lmao i looked something like that yest when i found out what he did

b_ron
09-02-2012, 03:24 PM
I still find it silly how the instructions say to take it to a mechanic to get coilovers "professionally" installed, when most mechanics don't even know how coilovers work.

doubledouble
09-02-2012, 03:38 PM
It's really not that hard to do by yourself, or with a friend. I will say that the lower you go the stiffer the spring is, thus making it really hard to adjust using the provided spanners.

xx_civic_si_xx
09-02-2012, 05:16 PM
@b_ron: i know right its ridiculous!

@doubledouble: I'm trying to raise it bro and with work and school i just don't get the time to do it. If I did I would of been had this done lol

Anyone one know any performance shops in Long Island NY that they'd recommend. Also if I brought my car to a performance shop tomorrow is it possible for them to adjust my coilovers that same day? And how much you guys think it would cost?

tinman5
09-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Seriously brother, it would take an honest hour if you are even remotely handy. It doesn't take much light either if you are willing to stay up a bit late.

Can't express more advice than that and unfortunately do not know of any shops to recommend in your area. Good luck.