PDA

View Full Version : Need help with TB & Manifold gasket

04SiSpeed
09-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I got a rbc mani for my k20a, and i need the proper gasket for the set up. Thats where i am confused. IDK if i am supposed to be ordering like a k20a3 TB gasket to go with my k20a3 Tb or a k20z3 gasket since i am using a RBC.

Ugghh makes me head hurt can someone help please lol.

Need a TB & manifold gasket for a RBC with stock Si TB. thanks guys.

Ba82Ep3
09-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Order the Karcepts adapter kit that includes everything you need to use your a3 TB with your RBC mani.

If you wanted to be PIMP about it... order up the Hybrid Racing TB and call it a day.

04SiSpeed
09-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Order the Karcepts adapter kit that includes everything you need to use your a3 TB with your RBC mani.

If you wanted to be PIMP about it... order up the Hybrid Racing TB and call it a day.

Cuz the Hybrid will bolt to both manifolds i have right now? Yeah i know, 400 is steep tho i just dont know if i am ready for that lol, When i am just adding cams for now.

I got a buddy tryin to give me his BDL 70 but i think its for b series. He went on to say that it will work with the right adaptor plate does anyone know if thats true? I was looking at it and it just doesnt seem like its the same at all. Figured i would ask a dumb question, i am allowed 1 a week my GF says

differentK
09-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Cuz the Hybrid will bolt to both manifolds i have right now? Yeah i know, 400 is steep tho i just dont know if i am ready for that lol, When i am just adding cams for now.

I got a buddy tryin to give me his BDL 70 but i think its for b series. He went on to say that it will work with the right adaptor plate does anyone know if thats true? I was looking at it and it just doesnt seem like its the same at all. Figured i would ask a dumb question, i am allowed 1 a week my GF says

the hybrid TB will bolt right up to the RBC manifold- it is made to be pretty adaptable. if you do go for the larger TB then it is highly advisable to port your manifold to match the TB... as well as try to get a TB that is as close as possible in size to the intake piping. personally- i would stay away from BDL- i have heard horror stories about their quality.

IMO- your best bet is to grab the karcepts RBC adapter kit that should include gaskets (RBC to adapter/ adapter to TB) and the proper hardware to bolt your existing TB to the manifold.

04SiSpeed
09-12-2012, 06:11 PM
the hybrid TB will bolt right up to the RBC manifold- it is made to be pretty adaptable. if you do go for the larger TB then it is highly advisable to port your manifold to match the TB... as well as try to get a TB that is as close as possible in size to the intake piping. personally- i would stay away from BDL- i have heard horror stories about their quality.

IMO- your best bet is to grab the karcepts RBC adapter kit that should include gaskets (RBC to adapter/ adapter to TB) and the proper hardware to bolt your existing TB to the manifold.

Yeah i think i am going to give it back and get my 200 dollars he owes me lol Thanks for the info man

04SiSpeed
09-12-2012, 09:13 PM
what manifold gasket from hondata do i get for my k20a head with the rbc? the k20a2, a3 one or the 06+ si one. I was figuring the k20a2 one