PDA

View Full Version : control arm bushings

Bradk20
09-18-2012, 09:39 AM
My front right lower compliance bushing is broken, left side on its way. gonna replace with something a bit stiffer so im looking for info and opinions from those of u who have already done this upgrade. this car is a daily driver currently with eibach sportlines, tokico hp dampers, and eibach f/r camber kits. will be getting some 2 way adjustable coilovers of some kind in the near future.

for one im curious what the diff in feel between the black and red energy suspension front bushing kits are?

also iv found another company called whiteline, im curios if anyone has experience with these.

is there are any others out there im not aware of that anyone has used pls list em and give info bout feel and so on.

any other info or related links or previous threads discussing this would be appreciated too thnx.

poeticfinesse21
09-18-2012, 09:48 AM
There is no difference between the red and black ES bushings, it's just a different color. You could go with ES bushings but they are made of polyurethane so you will have to lubricate them every few days and they tend to wear out faster than rubber bushings. Mugen makes a set of hardened rubber bushings for the front LCA's but they are $$$, hardrace also makes some hardened rubber bushings but they are impossible to find. The cheapest and easiest option would be to just buy some new OEM 02-04 RSX bushings, they are considerably stronger than the stock EP3 bushings.

Bradk20
09-18-2012, 09:52 AM
There is no difference between the red and black ES bushings, it's just a different color. You could go with ES bushings but they are made of polyurethane so you will have to lubricate them every few days and they tend to wear out faster than rubber bushings. Mugen makes a set of hardened rubber bushings for the front LCA's but they are $$$, hardrace also makes some hardened rubber bushings but they are impossible to find. The cheapest and easiest option would be to just buy some new OEM 02-04 RSX bushings, they are considerably stronger than the stock EP3 bushings.

i was unaware of the lubrication, much appreciated.
can i get just the new oem bushings, the honda place said they dont sell those separate gotta buy the whole lower control arm?

poeticfinesse21
09-18-2012, 12:53 PM
That's bullshit, yes you can get just the bushings but if you're gonna get OEM bushings you might as well get RSX bushings. Acura part #'s for the 02-04 RSX compliance bushings are 51391-S6M-005 and 51392-S5A-004. They're only like $8 each.

Bradk20
09-18-2012, 04:18 PM
That's bullshit, yes you can get just the bushings but if you're gonna get OEM bushings you might as well get RSX bushings. Acura part #'s for the 02-04 RSX compliance bushings are 51391-S6M-005 and 51392-S5A-004. They're only like $8 each.

kick ass thnx man.

ep32424
10-14-2012, 11:33 PM
i have energy suspension polyurethane bushing kit, its pretty stiff.

ryboto
05-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Old thread, but bumping because the ES bushings seem to already be sagging(only 6 months, but they saw some salt)...would 05-06 RSX Type-S bushings fit the EP3? Should, right? Part number is 51391-S6M-801, and it's only a tiny bit more expensive than the base RSX bushings. I am assuming they fit since they use the same 51392-S5A-004 part for the smaller LCA bushing... I'm asking all this because I assume Type-S might be a little stiffer, and some posts on ClubRSX have suggested as much, but seems like it's all a bunch of opinions and no one knows for certain.

Slip_Angle
06-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Ryboto: Did you find an answer? I think mine need replacing as well.

Slip_Angle
06-14-2013, 09:59 PM
delete