PDA

View Full Version : Alignment problem

dakobester
09-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Hey guys,

I went out of town for 2 weeks and my car was sitting in the garage. When I came back and drove it for the first time the alignment was noticeably off. Has that happened to anyone? So then I bring the car to my tire guy and he says the front tires were chopping. He said I needed new front tires. I complained that the tires were only 10K old and he is the one that rotated them. He aligns my car for no charge and said don't mess with the tires for 6 months. The car was riding fine for a week and now the alignment is off again. Do you guys think getting new tires will fix the alignment problem? Is it time for new shocks? I have 146K on my car and I've never replaced them. I don't want to make any purchases and still have an alignment problem. What do you guys think? Thanks!

rhdsirek4
09-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Usually that's the first thing that'll eat up your tires.. Shocks and or bad bushings. The tire guy didn't tell you what was wrong? He should know exactly what was the problem.

Hey guys,
I went out of town for 2 weeks and my car was sitting in the garage. When I came back and drove it for the first time the alignment was noticeably off. Has that happened to anyone? So then I bring the car to my tire guy and he says the front tires were chopping. He said I needed new front tires. I complained that the tires were only 10K old and he is the one that rotated them. He aligns my car for no charge and said don't mess with the tires for 6 months. The car was riding fine for a week and now the alignment is off again. Do you guys think getting new tires will fix the alignment problem? Is it time for new shocks? I have 146K on my car and I've never replaced them. I don't want to make any purchases and still have an alignment problem. What do you guys think? Thanks!