PDA

View Full Version : problem with headrest?

cadoodoo
01-09-2003, 01:42 PM
I don't know what happened but me headrest, where that red triangular hole is, The red plastic looks like its coming off the bottom. I dont think ive done anything to it. i take good care of my si. do yall think the dealer warranty will cover it? is anyone else having this problem?please post. thanks

-cadu-:D

JBS02
01-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Noticed the same thing with my driver's side seat headrest hole - the bottom edge some how worked its way out of the groove in the red plastic or it was not built properly. It's a minor defect, but still a defect. Not going to make a special trip to the dealer, but will point it out next time I'm there.

cadoodoo
01-12-2003, 07:46 PM
you're right it is minor but i cant stand seeing anythign wrong with my si. i think ima take it to the dealer to fix it adn to get my first free oil change!

BlasTech
01-12-2003, 09:22 PM
I dont have a scanner to show you the picture, and I'm not sure what the problem exactly is, but maybe this will help:

Looking at the Helms Service Manual, it shows that the red plastic headrest trim peices come apart into two pieces. The rear "cuff" goes around the front one and there are 7 plastic clips that snap them together.

It recommends using a flathead screwdriver wrapped in electrical tape from the front to press down the clips. Once those are removed there's actually a zipper in there for disconnencting the front and rear fabric!!

If it looks like they are separating, maybe have someone push the plastic cuff from the rear, while you push it from the front, it should snap back together.