PDA

View Full Version : Buddy club kit on ebay for 900

02SilverSiHB
01-09-2003, 06:06 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33640&item=1876771296&rd=1
For those wanting the buddy club relatively cheap

Brettnyt
01-09-2003, 06:34 PM
The pic is of Buddy Club, but in the description they say that its Buddy Club 2.... hmmm. anyways, i would love to see what the Buddy Club 2 looks like on an EP. Looks great on EG's... Anyways, before bidding, if i were you, i would call the guy, just to be safe...

-Brett

02SilverSiHB
01-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
The pic is of Buddy Club, but in the description they say that its Buddy Club 2.... hmmm. anyways, i would love to see what the Buddy Club 2 looks like on an EP. Looks great on EG's... Anyways, before bidding, if i were you, i would call the guy, just to be safe...

-Brett
yeah, I'm wondering if the buddy club 2 is called that because it's made specifically for the si...where as the other buddy club was made for the type r......or it's a knock off and they had to find a way to rename it?

Brettnyt
01-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Good question, but Buddy Club 2 is a completely different kit one way or another

See Here (http://www.buddyclub2.com)

I like the looks of it, might be pretty cool on an EP

02SilverSiHB
01-09-2003, 09:16 PM
well..I emailed the guy selling it and he said the kit is exactly like the buddy club kit, like in the 2002 Las Vegas SEMA show. He said it isn't made in Japan and it was manufactured by him.
Screw it, here's what he said :D
no this is the actual buddy club that what seem at the sema show 2002 in Las Vegas convention center but this kit is made in USA not in Japan. Yes, it is 4 piece body kit and we actually manufacture the kit ourselves. The MSRP of this kit is 1,800 dollars. About the shipping, i would have to check on that because i need the exect address. thank you for checking the auction.
So basically it's a knock off. But if it was made in the USA, that means they used an actual Si to fit it to. Sounds pretty good to me

Suk02Si
01-09-2003, 10:06 PM
I remember talking to a couple guys at that booth while at SEMA and asking how they got the kit to fit the car(had Si badges) and he was really confused, "it just... fit" I kept asking what had to be modded, bumper supports or just the foam, he just said "the just fit." So I asked if it was just a Type R with an Si badge, he said "is no Type R, is RS." I said, "but the RS is a completely different car." He said, "no no! it fit!" and walked away, he couldn't speak english very well. It felt like I was talking to a janitor or something because he knew so little about the car.

Suk02Si
01-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Maybe when he said RS, he meant the company? I just found htis pic, forgot I took it:D

02SilverSiHB
01-10-2003, 03:26 PM
a little update...I asked the guy selling it:
thanks for the quick email. So it sounds like a knock off kit...which is
totally fine with me. I'd rather pay for a knock off rather than 3grand for
the actual one. So when it was manufactured by you and your company, I take
it was fitted to an actual Si. I'm sorry for these questions, it's just I
know how the other kit needs a lot of fabrication to fit the Si. Is there
any needed for this kit?
Thanks again,
Mike

His response:
no actual we tried our best to fit on my SI. WE MADE 2 KITS ALREADY AND THEY FIT GREAT, GIVE US MORE TIME AND ILL MAKE YOU THE KIT. WE MAKE IT AS HAND MADE FIBER GLASS THATS WHY OUR KIT TAKES A WHILE TO MAKE. THANK YOU

So it sounds like they make the kits as they go. Not a bad price and they actually put it on a US spec Si :D if I had the money, I'd be all over that.

modern-perf
01-10-2003, 08:18 PM
ShowstoppersUSA.com has the Buddy Club kit for $799 for ephatch.com members. Their kit is made specifically for a US-spec car. I ordered my kit from him but haven't received it as of yet to tell you about the fit, etc.

Call Chuck and tell him I sent you!

ShowstoppersUSA
01-17-2003, 01:31 PM
WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM. The manufacturer of the buddy club 3 will not ship to CA, OR, NV, or AZ in fear of his replica kit to be replicated. I broke the news to modern-perf and a couple more guys and they were not Happy. I do apologize for the major inconvenience to all those who ordered from these 4 states. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND the manufacturers reasoning on this. Again I apologize and I hope I can do something else for you guys to make it up. Just give me a call. Thanks

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

modern-perf
01-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Yeah, you can make it up by shipping the bumpers to the people you promised them to.

ShowstoppersUSA
01-17-2003, 01:49 PM
I will , I am going to work on it myself and try to get it manufactured myself. Then I don't have to rely on idiots in this industry who don't care about customers but the money they can get out of them. But until then I am stuck.

carzone
01-31-2003, 09:56 AM
*Edited*

Sorry, no comerical posts unless you're a paying advertiser.