PDA

View Full Version : Way to wire new Anti-Theft LED after swapping Head Unit?

Tekdemon
01-09-2003, 08:35 PM
OK, what I want to do is swap out the stock unit for a new one(was thinking a Sony one with Mp3 support hehe) and also get an amp and hook up my subs(I have 2 150Watt Bazooka subs that I got for real cheap a while ago...although I will probably only hook one up since I would like some actual storage space lol).

But I'm kinda anal about keeping some sort of blinking red led like the original Anti-Theft LED...possibly because I'm from NYC...lol

I just want some sorta light to tell people there's some kinda anti-theft...is it possible to somehow rig the new head unit's power LED or something to do the same thing? It just looks so nice and together stock and if I swap out the stock unit I don't want to lose my nice blinking LED :p

Jpax
01-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Most Aftermarket cd players have detatchable faces, when detached there is a blinking light on the head unit. when you look at that cd player agin take the face off and see if there is a light that blinks. :D

My kenwood Z828 had one, it was an mp3 and cost me around 500.00 but there are others for way less.