PDA

View Full Version : Floor Mats

Tekdemon
01-09-2003, 09:55 PM
The manual(yes I read it) says something about there being a hole of some sort on the Honda mats that makes sure they don't slip and screw you up....

Umm...I haven't been able to find aftermarket mats with any sort of Honda hole so I'm wondering what the heck the hole is like and whether I can just cut one myself. Stupid manual has some fun warning messages about how you can die if you don't buy their $99 mats.

*grumble*

Suk02Si
01-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Here's the hole, there should be two

Suk02Si
01-09-2003, 10:23 PM
Here is where the mounts are

william
01-09-2003, 10:48 PM
HEY, i see those crumbs on your carpet, now go vacume your car.

:D

Suk02Si
01-09-2003, 10:55 PM
they wont go away:(

I cleaned up my car this morning, and as soon as I got back from dropping my sis off at a friend's house, all that crud was tracked in.

fishboy
01-10-2003, 10:46 AM
when i first got my car, my girlfriend was eating skittles right. then all of a sudden she drops one. she is looking for it and looking for it and i say forget it i'll find it, at least it's not chocolate that can melt. then i forget about it and see it all crushed up and melted under the floor mat a few months later.:D still can't get that fucker totally out.

BarracksSi
01-10-2003, 04:47 PM
I just got some rubber floormats for the winter, trimming them to match the Si floormats' outline, and punching holes to line up with the floor pegs.

I will say that the floormats in my old car were dangerous when they slid around because they weren't secured.

cryptic02si
01-11-2003, 03:52 AM
i just went out and bought clear plastic mats, cut to slightly overlap my si mats, punched holes and placed on top of my si mats so they are winter proof and you can still see the si logo through them. actually i did this when i bought my car cause i really like the floormats and didn't want to dirty 'em all up

Tekdemon
01-11-2003, 10:19 PM
Yeah right now I'm using non-color matching ghetto rubber floormats that are waaaay too big and screw up my pedaling...plus don't have mount holes....will fix that tommorrow and wash up my car...sheesh =P

I think I stalled like 3 times by accident because of that stupid mat messing up my pedal work...it was blocking me from pushing down lightly so the engine cut out. Grr... That and I suck at driving stick to begin with lol...

Plus now it's limiting how far I can push down the gas pedal(thankfully not the clutch because I positioned the mat far far from the clutch)....which makes for craptacular acceleration...lol

irrational
01-20-2003, 04:18 PM
http://www.discount-hondaparts.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?pg=store&sub_pg=sub_cat&ref=7::31

the JigGa mAn
01-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by cryptic02si
i just went out and bought clear plastic mats, cut to slightly overlap my si mats, punched holes and placed on top of my si mats so they are winter proof and you can still see the si logo through them. actually i did this when i bought my car cause i really like the floormats and didn't want to dirty 'em all up

how did you secure the plastic mats to your si mats? and when you say plastic mats what exactly do you mean? pics would give me a good idea..and do you just put the hold over the notch, and it should stay in place?