PDA

View Full Version : CTS-V to EP3 in review

Falke401
09-24-2012, 09:07 AM
At the end of last year, I was fed up with gas prices. I had an 05 Caddy CTS-V getting around 11 mpg. I went the complete opposite way and swapped it out for an EP3. It had a bunch of miles on it and now it has even more. It has 247K miles or so on it. Compression check was great and the interior shows for a car with about 100k miles. I recently got a scangauge 2 and show I get about 26mpg city and 35 highway with the family and all their crap loaded up in it.

Overall I miss the space and torque a good bit, but thats about it. I have an 8 year old and a 5 month old kid so it gets a bit tight at times but we make it work. Also it is nice to have a car that I dont have to worry about the kids beating up. Since I got the car, I put a idler pulley, new belt just becuase I had it off, transmission oil, engine oil, and gas. Thats it. It is dead reliable as I have taken it on multiple 10+ hour trips and lots of city stop and go traffic. Everything somehow still works just as it came from the factory which is a huge plus. It is all stock except for a CD player, focal speakers, and some sound deadening in the doors and hatch floor area.

Falke401
09-24-2012, 09:09 AM
I also replaced the engine air and cabin air filters.

HFPcivicSI
09-24-2012, 04:08 PM
You need to do a better job of a comparo. I was really looking forward to a cool review (seriously). The CTS-V is a segment that I can bet 99% of the hatch crew wouldnt buy (due to pricing) but I think its a sick whip. I cant wait to see the ATS reviews coming soon. I have always liked the XLR, but have questioned caddy's reliability track record.

You need to go over the power differences (in depth), the space interior), handling, what you had to replace/repair on the caddy - and the road head comparo between the two (which got more action, ect). We here at ephatch need to know these sort of things.

What sort of tank range where you getting in the caddy vs ep3? (total miles)? How was the stock stereo? And what other choices would you have made aside from a ep3?

Or if your too lazy, you can rent me a caddy for a week and ill do the review. :) Aside from that, welcome, and these little hatches are addicting.