View Full Version : 10 Years of EPHatchin'

Tragedy
09-25-2012, 03:33 AM
My my, has this place changed.

Here's to another 10....

Draw7Seven
09-25-2012, 05:31 AM
Good to see you again, Tragedy!

Welcome to epAdvertising, a site for free advertising so that Chinese people who sell fake Uggz boots can make a living!

HFPcivicSI
09-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Yeah what the fuck is going on here now. The site is broken, and now we have more spam than the hormel factory. This is bullshit, and I am spending more and more time over on the clubep site....

gribly
09-25-2012, 01:03 PM
This is still the only forum I'm gonna read as far as my Honda goes. I'm willing to bet that even you include all the spam, there is still a better ratio of quality posts on this site compared to the other sites I sometimes lurk at just to see what is going on.

Draw7Seven
09-25-2012, 01:38 PM
I asked them to make me a mod but I"m not sure I was taken seriously. It must be harder than I can imagine to do IP bans and put into effect some sort of captcha to prevent bot accounts.

RoyVegasPinoy
09-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Can't believe our cars are already 10 years old! A nicely done EP still looks fresh out of Honda's lot today. Not mine though.. Mine is a daily beater haha.

poeticfinesse21
09-25-2012, 05:57 PM
This site and clubep3/clubrsx are the only sites with good info on this chassis. 10 years and our cars still look better than the "futuristic" looking civics out now....

Stoop
09-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Good to see you, Tragedy. I miss your random pictures from Japan posts from back in the day. Those were awesome. Hope all is well.

apexracing
09-25-2012, 08:50 PM
I asked them to make me a mod but I"m not sure I was taken seriously. It must be harder than I can imagine to do IP bans and put into effect some sort of captcha to prevent bot accounts.

Its quite easy actually, These spam threads should be locked and archived until the accounts are banned. A mod cannot ban or block ip's only admins. Atleast thats how it works on civic-eg. I just lock and move spam threads and our admins ban hammer the spammers. pretty simple.

Tragedy
09-26-2012, 12:10 AM
Good to see you, Tragedy. I miss your random pictures from Japan posts from back in the day. Those were awesome. Hope all is well.

Thanks.

Shall I post newly-taken pictures for old time's sake?

Stoop
09-26-2012, 04:02 AM
Absolutely!

Mechanic
09-26-2012, 05:23 AM
[QUOTE=Tragedy;983327]My my, has this place changed. . . .
QUOTE]

QED. Inevitable, but still disappointing.

cow
09-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes.

SinisterCivicSi
09-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah what the fuck is going on here now. The site is broken, and now we have more spam than the hormel factory. This is bullshit, and I am spending more and more time over on the clubep site....

cant please everyone... do what you gotta do bro.... not all change is without bumps.

This is still the only forum I'm gonna read as far as my Honda goes. I'm willing to bet that even you include all the spam, there is still a better ratio of quality posts on this site compared to the other sites I sometimes lurk at just to see what is going on.

this is the only one i frequent. i might jump on k20a once in a while

it was taken quite serious and there will be further changes in the works. you know i wouldnt blow you off dear. IP banning is relatively simple - especially mass IP banning. they just found a hole and poured in. i no longer have access to any social networking sites at work (thanks to my fucking coworker!) so i have to squeeze in what time i have available between getting off work, driving 2 hours to collect the kids, go home, walk the dogs, make dinner, chase my toddler around the house and find a few minutes for myself before shower time and bed time. i get up at 4:45 3 days a week so somtimes the mac is the last thing i wanna touch before bed, i just wanna stare at a wall and cherish the silence! LOL

Blah1219
09-26-2012, 06:13 PM
it was taken quite serious and there will be further changes in the works. you know i wouldnt blow you off dear. IP banning is relatively simple - especially mass IP banning. they just found a hole and poured in. i no longer have access to any social networking sites at work (thanks to my fucking coworker!) so i have to squeeze in what time i have available between getting off work, driving 2 hours to collect the kids, go home, walk the dogs, make dinner, chase my toddler around the house and find a few minutes for myself before shower time and bed time. i get up at 4:45 3 days a week so somtimes the mac is the last thing i wanna touch before bed, i just wanna stare at a wall and cherish the silence! LOL

Psh.. you make it sound like you're busy. You think you have it hard, I have to work, sleep, feed myself and buy parts. Sheesh :P

Blah1219
09-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks.

No questions, Just do it!

Hasbro
09-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Psh.. you make it sound like you're busy. You think you have it hard, I have to work, sleep, feed myself and buy parts. Sheesh :P

Ok, a bit rougher than Sinister's regiman but I have to feed two cats. And one is VERY fussy. So don't go feeling sorry for yourself, Bucko.

Draw7Seven
09-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks Mary I wub you.

usedep3
09-26-2012, 10:37 PM

Absolutely!

:pop2:

Draw7Seven
09-27-2012, 11:41 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/159/326/Op_will_surely_deliver_RE_Weird_Video_Game_Facts_P art_7-s500x375-138152.jpg

MugenReplica
09-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Miss having you around....you should stop by more often!

cow
09-28-2012, 06:02 AM
Yeah. You might miss out on awesome deals on replica watches or busty sluts.

mitchlikesbikes
09-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Yeah. You might miss out on awesome deals on replica watches or busty sluts.

hahahahahahahahahaha:spit:

SinisterCivicSi
09-28-2012, 06:19 PM

i hate you... LMAO

No questions, Just do it!

+1 dont tease us...

Ok, a bit rougher than Sinister's regiman but I have to feed two cats. And one is VERY fussy. So don't go feeling sorry for yourself, Bucko.

LMAO yea cats can be a PITA... my neighber had 7 cats that she would pay me to take care of when they would travel... JESUS....

Thanks Mary I wub you.

no problem - its a group decision so its not just mine. i'll pm you

+1

SkareKrow
09-29-2012, 10:31 AM
hello erryone:wave:

¶SK¬

beechstreet
09-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Still rockin the scooby, Tragedy?

team ERA 5
09-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Miss u all.

Kis4KEN
10-07-2012, 05:47 PM
1 more year, then to another 10!

Princess
10-12-2012, 06:34 AM
Wow, some of the old ephatchers are still on the forum. Awesome! I always thought Stoop was one of the coolest with all his headlight modifications and information. And of course, I always loved Guardian's white ep3 and Weltall's ride as well. I don't live in California anymore, now I'm a Nevada girl, so my next car might be a 4WD, it snows here, haven't decided yet. Miss my 2005ep3, just riding my fixie and eating my Roadies for breakfast these days. *giggles* When I had my ep3 I hardly ever went running and I weighed a lot, now I weigh hardly anything and I run races, lol. Next time I get a car I'm gonna have to remember to keep some sorta balance, because I was just spending all my time washing my black ep3 and seeing what bling I could add to it, lol. Woops! Silly me. Glad this site still exists. I love ep3s, don't see them that often in CA and NV actually, and when I do, they are usually poorly-styled. *shrugs* Nobody ever made a 9second 1/4mile ep3 anyways, did they? So it kinda made me just think the car wasn't that great. I know that's a silly criteria to judge it on, but oh well. All those EK and EG hatches blow the ep3 away with their lighter weights (and whatever other factors make them faster in the 1/4), so I kinda fell out-of-love with the ep3, although I love the looks of the interior and the exterior of the American/USDM model (I'm not big on the color red, I prefer black interior). EPSPOON still has his ep3 I think, I saw it about a year ago, I hate his small rims though, but I like how it has a bunch of Spoon parts on it and the silly Spoon certified badge or whatever it is from Opak Racing or whoever. Peace! I'll check-in with ya'll kids later. Have a good one and keep hatchin'? lol ;) :msmooch:

Passenger
10-13-2012, 07:56 AM
man I miss this place.

zerofighter
10-13-2012, 04:54 PM
+1 bump!

STP03BlueSI
10-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Burp.

EP34ME
10-22-2012, 10:34 AM
LOL wow its been a while. This place looks completely different.

makavelibranded
10-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Holy crap theres a lot of old schools poping up in here :mbiggrin:

Wo I don't live in California anymore, now I'm a Nevada girl:

I went to San Fran for a wedding, it such a great city imho.

SkareKrow
10-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Wow, some of the old ephatchers are still on the forum. Awesome! I always thought Stoop was one of the coolest with all his headlight modifications and information. And of course, I always loved Guardian's white ep3 and Weltall's ride as well. I don't live in California anymore, now I'm a Nevada girl, so my next car might be a 4WD, it snows here, haven't decided yet. Miss my 2005ep3, just riding my fixie and eating my Roadies for breakfast these days. *giggles* When I had my ep3 I hardly ever went running and I weighed a lot, now I weigh hardly anything and I run races, lol. Next time I get a car I'm gonna have to remember to keep some sorta balance, because I was just spending all my time washing my black ep3 and seeing what bling I could add to it, lol. Woops! Silly me. Glad this site still exists. I love ep3s, don't see them that often in CA and NV actually, and when I do, they are usually poorly-styled. *shrugs* Nobody ever made a 9second 1/4mile ep3 anyways, did they? So it kinda made me just think the car wasn't that great. I know that's a silly criteria to judge it on, but oh well. All those EK and EG hatches blow the ep3 away with their lighter weights (and whatever other factors make them faster in the 1/4), so I kinda fell out-of-love with the ep3, although I love the looks of the interior and the exterior of the American/USDM model (I'm not big on the color red, I prefer black interior). EPSPOON still has his ep3 I think, I saw it about a year ago, I hate his small rims though, but I like how it has a bunch of Spoon parts on it and the silly Spoon certified badge or whatever it is from Opak Racing or whoever. Peace! I'll check-in with ya'll kids later. Have a good one and keep hatchin'? lol ;) :msmooch:
Damn its been a while the apocalypse has begun. Nice hearing From you.

man I miss this place.
X2. wait I'm still around. LOL. how you doing Justin?

LOL wow its been a while. This place looks completely different.
:mwink: completely different.

¶SK¬

Stubby
10-23-2012, 06:01 AM
I can't remember, but I think I originally joined in 03. Been awesome. Miss the early days and the MD BBQ's at the park. Those were a blast.

lemonhead228
11-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Holy crap theres a lot of old schools poping up in here :mbiggrin:

Haha that's what I was thinking. Not much anymore but glad to see you guys check in!

SinisterCivicSi
11-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I can't remember, but I think I originally joined in 03. Been awesome. Miss the early days and the MD BBQ's at the park. Those were a blast.

we miss them more! lol we are going to have one in 2013 if it kills us! we bought our house in july and by the time we got all our furniture it was mid august... too late to start planning a meet like the MDBBQ. i really wanna do another MIR dragway meet if we have enough interested parties. we will see. i still have all the donations of parts from last year that the hurricane ruined. well over a grand in parts just sitting in our attic! lol

sincityep3
11-07-2012, 03:34 AM
This car is way ahead of its time in my opinion. I get all sorts of age groups asking if this is a newer car, and stunned to find out the year. 02 in my case lol.

shanewdude
11-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Wurd.

Draw7Seven
11-11-2012, 08:10 PM
This car is way ahead of its time in my opinion. I get all sorts of age groups asking if this is a newer car, and stunned to find out the year. 02 in my case lol.

That happened to me quite a lot as well. Then they noticed all the door dings, etc :(

Wurd.

This guy.

Draw7Seven
11-11-2012, 08:11 PM

I'm biased because I never made it up to one (that drive...), but I loved the Bama BBQ's that Wes did for a couple of years. Drinking with other EPHatchers around a campfire with a belly full of pulled pork under the stars was pretty fucking legitimate. I can honestly say I wouldn't still be on this forum if not for those meets.

66elwood99
11-23-2012, 03:26 PM

They sure were!

we miss them more! lol we are going to have one in 2013 if it kills us! we bought our house in july and by the time we got all our furniture it was mid august... too late to start planning a meet like the MDBBQ. i really wanna do another MIR dragway meet if we have enough interested parties. we will see. i still have all the donations of parts from last year that the hurricane ruined. well over a grand in parts just sitting in our attic! lol

It will be the first thing on my calendar, I miss you guys, it has been too long.......

03K20A3Si
11-24-2012, 08:47 AM
I've been here 9+ years...wow lol Crazy how time flies.

Deadphishy
11-24-2012, 09:22 AM
only been 7 years here. :p

02ep3413
11-30-2012, 09:24 AM
7 years and finally had to let my baby go, 175k, Got some good use out of it.

02ep3413
11-30-2012, 09:24 AM
The only things I ever had to do where brakes and some heating work. Loved my ep3

klik
11-30-2012, 09:26 AM
10years here. And after all the modifications i did now saving up for k24 swap.

todaCspec
11-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Ten years, does time fly?

Car is still strong, I wished they would bring over another hatch, maybe a type-r version.