PDA

View Full Version : Does your alarm flash your lights/beep?

FirstImport02Si
01-10-2003, 08:36 AM
I see some of you saying that your keyless entry flashes your lights, or beeps your horn or something. My keyless entry does nothing but lock and unlock the doors, no flashing lights at all. I've tried holding the lock and unlock buttons down for a few seconds but it makes no difference. Is there a way to fix this? Is my alarm even on??

sonic imperial
01-10-2003, 08:38 AM
I'm not sure but have you tried hitting the lock button once, then hitting it a second time? That's how you normally would set the alarm is hitting the lock button twice.

FirstImport02Si
01-10-2003, 09:57 AM
yep tried that, tried hitting it like 10 times in a row. hope I don't have to bring it back to the dealer...:(

sonic imperial
01-10-2003, 10:27 AM
Yep, that doesn't sound right. I would stop at the dealer and ask them to use the remote to set the alarm and see if they can do it. If they can't, then you know something needs to be fixed and they should fix it free. Should be easy to duplicate the problem if there is one.

ssvr6
01-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Mine flashes all of the lights.

Steve

BlairSpeed
01-10-2003, 11:40 AM
I remember when I bought my car, they asked me if I wanted the alarm uninstalled or not. They wanted $400 for it, so I said hell no. but now when I lock the doors it makes the beep inside the car and the lights flash but no sounds outside the car. but if i press lock twice, the horn will sound once. but there is no alarm meaning if you lock the doors while inside the car, and open them nothing happens

TrippZ
01-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Alright, here we go...

KEYLESS ENTRY:
Same remote as alarm. All it does is lock, and unlock all doors. No flashing, no beeping. Lock, unlock, nothing else.

ALARM:
Same remote as keyless entry. Press once to lock I think Passenger and Hatch. Cabin/console should make a beeping sound. On the outside, your parking lights should blink. Press it again, a quick shriek of the Honda-Horn will sound, and your parking lights will blink again. If the alarm is set off, all lights will begin to blink and the horn will sound. The headlights blink as well unlike some other alarms.

A good way I found to check for the alarm or not is roll down your drivers side window. Press the lock button twice. Unlock the door without using the remote, and open the door all the way. If it doesn't sound, you either dont have an alarm, or your alarm is messed up. Good chance you don't have one. If it does sound, then, you have an alarm... obviously.

JLannoo
01-10-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
Alright, here we go...

KEYLESS ENTRY:
Same remote as alarm. All it does is lock, and unlock all doors. No flashing, no beeping. Lock, unlock, nothing else.

Actually thats wrong. The standard keyless entry does flash your parking lights when pressed once and will honk if you press lock twice.

One press of unlock will unlock the drivers door,two presses will unlock all doors. the parking lights will flash twice.

If this guys lights are not flashing and its not honking when lock is pressed twice. He has a problem and should have the dealer look at it.

carbonSI
01-11-2003, 02:12 AM
the alarm remote looks different than our standard remotes, im pretty sure theres only 2 buttons on the alarm remote.... not positive but im pretty sure... and yup, if i press lock once, lights flash twice, and all doors lock, if i press it twice, lights flash, horn honks, alarm is set... if your car is locked, and you press unlock once, and dont open door/doors in 10 seconds, it locks automatically i thought that was pretty interesting...

TrippZ
01-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by JLannoo

Actually thats wrong. The standard keyless entry does flash your parking lights when pressed once and will honk if you press lock twice.

One press of unlock will unlock the drivers door,two presses will unlock all doors. the parking lights will flash twice.

If this guys lights are not flashing and its not honking when lock is pressed twice. He has a problem and should have the dealer look at it.

I saw an EP at a local hangout, and he had the SAME thing as us. I pressed the lock and unlock and there was no flashing no nothing. I'm just goign with what i saw. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

FirstImport02Si
01-11-2003, 12:18 PM
I have the same remote as my cousin and he has an alarm on his accord. there is also a little LED on top of my steering column so i think my car does have an alarm, i tried the panic button and the horn started blaring so isn't that the alarm?

TrippZ
01-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Yes, that's an alarm. Try rolling your windows down, settingthe alarm, and manually unlocking the door through the window and opening the door and see if it goes off

Brettnyt
01-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Damn, no alarm for me.... Im gunna need 1 too once i get my stereo....

carbonSI
01-12-2003, 09:21 AM
"Damn, no alarm for me.... Im gunna need 1 too once i get my stereo...."

the stock factory alarm is a really really basic alarm, its for the "Dumbass" theives haha but hey, it is better than nuthing, im pretty sure it only goes off if your windows are down and they "manually unlock" the doors, i know it dosent go off if someone hits you... when my neighbor backed up into my car for the second time, my bumper reflector was cracked all over the ground, there was alot of deep scratches and lots of white paint.. and i always set my "alarm" when i parked in front of my house and when she got hit, it didnt go off... so i guess im just trying to say, if you want your goods to be protected, honda oem alarm is a no no.. just my .02 -mike

Brettnyt
01-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Yeah, i know what you mean, but i would feel a lot better off with atleast an OEM alarm that with none at all. How much for a mediocre alarm with the *chirp*CHIRP!* siren. God i love that sound... :D

Jpax
01-12-2003, 01:24 PM
press lock once it locks all doors and flashes, press 2 times it honks and flashes 2 times, unlocked press once it unlocks driverside door and flashes once, press unlock 2 times it unlocks all doors and flashes 2 times:D

HokieSi
01-12-2003, 08:13 PM
when i press unlock once my lights flash 2 times and driver's side door opens. When i press it again lights flash 2 times and remaining doors open.

LateSleeper
01-13-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by FirstImport02Si
I have the same remote as my cousin and he has an alarm on his accord. there is also a little LED on top of my steering column so i think my car does have an alarm, i tried the panic button and the horn started blaring so isn't that the alarm?

Sounds like the factory alarm is in Valet Mode. When you go to your car... insert the key and remove it quickly (do not turn) 3 times within 5 seconds. You'll see the alarm led on your steering column light up if you do it right. It will flash once for valet mode on and twice for off. Hope this helps.