PDA

View Full Version : JDM Type R Wing mod

L0ki
10-08-2012, 12:19 PM
so i might be able to buy a JDM type r wing for cheap, i know this topic has been brought up countless of times, but all i have to do is shave off some parts of the wing to have it fit on the usdm hatch right? ( this is the real type r wing, not replica).

Her-Name's-Ally
10-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Nope. You need the glass. Just buy the hfp one same shi and looks better.

Blah1219
10-08-2012, 01:11 PM
so i might be able to buy a JDM type r wing for cheap, i know this topic has been brought up countless of times, but all i have to do is shave off some parts of the wing to have it fit on the usdm hatch right? ( this is the real type r wing, not replica).

Yeah you can shave the spoiler. I don't know what part it hits, but I read around before that they fit a JDM spoiler on the USDM glass

Nope. You need the glass. Just buy the hfp one same shi and looks better.

The HFP and CTR spoiler are the exact same spoiler. So please explain how it looks better?

L0ki
10-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah you can shave the spoiler. I don't know what part it hits, but I read around before that they fit a JDM spoiler on the USDM glass

The HFP and CTR spoiler are the exact same spoiler. So please explain how it looks better?

a white jdm ep3 is championship white huh, so it'll look funny with a TW ep3? do you think you can try to find that thread you read? because i've been looking around and i've only found threads about the replicas...

poeticfinesse21
10-08-2012, 02:55 PM
It's the 4th video from the right in the top row, CTR spoiler DIY:
http://www.ephatch.com/videos/default/FlashVideoGallery.html

Her-Name's-Ally
10-08-2012, 04:45 PM

It has the red break light

soquel1
10-08-2012, 09:39 PM
There are raised portions along the sides of the Type R wing that need to be sanded down in order to sit flush with the USDM glass. You will see them clearly once you get the wing.

L0ki
10-10-2012, 03:07 PM
There are raised portions along the sides of the Type R wing that need to be sanded down in order to sit flush with the USDM glass. You will see them clearly once you get the wing.

do you have the JDM one ?? not the replica

soquel1
10-10-2012, 03:21 PM
do you have the JDM one ?? not the replica

Yes. I purchased mine used from someone on Craigslist for a good price. The raised sides were removed with a Dremel and were re-fiberglassed. It's not pretty but it sits well enough against my hatch glass. (The area that was removed is not visible without removing the wing). Although the top of the wing is a bit higher than I would like it. But save yourself the trouble and simply purchase the HFP wing.

L0ki
10-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Yes. I purchased mine used from someone on Craigslist for a good price. The raised sides were removed with a Dremel and were re-fiberglassed. It's not pretty but it sits well enough against my hatch glass. (The area that was removed is not visible without removing the wing). Although the top of the wing is a bit higher than I would like it. But save yourself the trouble and simply purchase the HFP wing.

alright for sure thanks for the input man, yeah i'm hoping i'll run into someone selling a hfp wing...

L0ki
10-11-2012, 11:29 PM
It's the 4th video from the right in the top row, CTR spoiler DIY:
http://www.ephatch.com/videos/default/FlashVideoGallery.html

btw, thanks for the link to the video. clarified on what i have to do if i get a ctr rep. thanks !