PDA

View Full Version : need advice please help.

snakeyes
10-09-2012, 12:29 AM
first i wanna say hello... 1st post....anyway i have a 04 hfp ep3..the timing chain tensioner broke engine advanced timing etc etc.... anyway i have a 2007 k24a2 from accord type r 27,321 miles on it i also have 2012 civic si tranny with 6734 miles...also jrsc street kit..a hondata computer..and a cai... i live in jacksonville fl ichibahn is doing work.... i want to get to the cars sweet spot not to little not to much.. i dont want a drag car.. i want more of a road course type daily driver..what can i do to get a good reliable FUN ep3 thats QUICK old engine gonna be removed next week.. i know im using a shop but u guys an gals know more about ep3 so please advise on parts swaps best way to enhance eliminate problems etc etc im sure im getting my point across... im sorry about grammar its late.. basically i really used to love driving fast on the blue ridge parkway FAST..an going to car shows..this my last fun thing for a while got marriage and family comin in a year when we get hitched....please helpme get the most outta what i have and not waste money on stupid upgrades that are a waste of money...

differentK
10-09-2012, 08:26 AM
first i wanna say hello... 1st post....anyway i have a 04 hfp ep3..the timing chain tensioner broke engine advanced timing etc etc.... anyway i have a 2007 k24a2 from accord type r 27,321 miles on it i also have 2012 civic si tranny with 6734 miles...also jrsc street kit..a hondata computer..and a cai... i live in jacksonville fl ichibahn is doing work.... i want to get to the cars sweet spot not to little not to much.. i dont want a drag car.. i want more of a road course type daily driver..what can i do to get a good reliable FUN ep3 thats QUICK old engine gonna be removed next week.. i know im using a shop but u guys an gals know more about ep3 so please advise on parts swaps best way to enhance eliminate problems etc etc im sure im getting my point across... im sorry about grammar its late.. basically i really used to love driving fast on the blue ridge parkway FAST..an going to car shows..this my last fun thing for a while got marriage and family comin in a year when we get hitched....please helpme get the most outta what i have and not waste money on stupid upgrades that are a waste of money...

so your k20a3 motor blew up and you have and want to swap a k24a2 w/ 6speed LSD tranny and a JRSC? dude you have the makings for exactly what you are looking for. that combo right there is a nice 300+whp reliable daily drive-able animal.

Her-Name's-Ally
10-22-2012, 07:28 AM
If youre looking for more of a track care I would put some focus into your suspension and tires. The engine setup sounds beasty but there is no point if you cant put it down and utilize it. Good luck with build, post pics

zdiddy22
10-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a good start. But definently need suspension if you want to track it very much. I tried to call you. If you need help let me know.