PDA

View Full Version : Clear Side markers installed...pics

02SilverSiHB
01-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Funny, I received two free "Type R" key chains with the side markers :p
Anyway, I'm kinda thinking about putting the red ones back on for the rear. What do you guys think?
Oh and I kept the clear bulbs...the clear markers come with orange ones, but you could see them way to much through the side markers.

02SilverSiHB
01-10-2003, 03:14 PM
and one more

BlasTech
01-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Looks great!

I'm starting to think they're worth the money now!

xlr8
01-10-2003, 03:54 PM
they dont stand out quite so much on my whits car. they look really good on silver too. i think they are worth the money

DownTheHatch
01-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Keep all 4 they look great!

BarracksSi
01-10-2003, 04:39 PM
Here's a Photochop I did for myself, using the pic from procarparts.com's product page.

I was thinking about posting it in the Photochop forum, but this thread is more relevant.

LazyAzzAzian
01-10-2003, 05:13 PM
ill post up pics of the clear markers on a black Si asap, i got them on my digi but all the software crap is at my girls place, i only got one set on the front, personally i think i looks better with all clear on the front all red on the black

golferjn
01-10-2003, 05:33 PM
pics look good. nice car

ssvr6
01-10-2003, 05:53 PM
I wish someone would make smoked ones...

Steve

gtaSiR
01-10-2003, 07:37 PM
Nice!
I've got to get me a set of those...

SubliminalSi
01-10-2003, 08:40 PM
How much did you get them for shipped? BTW, Looking great:)

SiRman
01-11-2003, 12:45 AM
Those look nice, I need some for my silver EP, a little pricey though.

Were they hard to install?

redlineracing
01-11-2003, 07:49 AM
They look great up front but I think you're right about keeping the red out back. I think I'll probably get a pair for the front of my silver ep when the price drops a little bit. I'm glad they're actually clear and not that sanded off color look though.

02SilverSiHB
01-11-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
How much did you get them for shipped? BTW, Looking great:)
93 bucks...pretty pricy for such a small item :( that's okay though, I just got some hp header on the way for 177 :)

02SilverSiHB
01-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by SiRman
Those look nice, I need some for my silver EP, a little pricey though.

Were they hard to install?
they were sooo easy. Just pull a little on the stock ones till they come out a little. Them I used a really small screw driver to push on the tab that keeps them in. And just pop the new ones right in. took like 5 minutes

Brettnyt
01-12-2003, 12:52 PM
I wanna see em turned on (no, and i dont mean horny). I love the look of clear side markers when they are on, nice and bright... Im might have to pick some up myself.

SmoothOperator
01-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Damn midnitechallenge has been keeping me away from this site!! I had no idea those were out!! SWEEEEET!!! I think those'll look REAL clean on my white EP. Can't wait till springtime!! I also hope the price comes down a bit by then...that's a pretty steep price for little pieces of plastic!

02SilverSiHB
01-13-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
I wanna see em turned on (no, and i dont mean horny). I love the look of clear side markers when they are on, nice and bright... Im might have to pick some up myself.
I'm going to get some whiter bulbs for them. The stock ones have too much of a hint of yellow in them.

02SilverSiHB
01-13-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I also hope the price comes down a bit by then...that's a pretty steep price for little pieces of plastic!
you ain't kiddin! I still can't believe I bought these when I could have done something more towards performance :(

hamlet9634
01-13-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

93 bucks...pretty pricy for such a small item :( that's okay though, I just got some hp header on the way for 177 :)

holy SHIT

you paid WHAT for friggen side-markers?

wait.. are they JDM? then they're worth it.. not:eek:

SmoothOperator
01-13-2003, 09:09 AM
you paid WHAT for friggen side-markers?

wait.. are they JDM? then they're worth it.. not
lol Type-X would argue this...and follow it up with a pic of himself "flipping the bird" :D

02SilverSiHB
01-13-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator

lol Type-X would argue this...and follow it up with a pic of himself "flipping the bird" :D
:D hahaha

and hamlet9634, I'll just pretend they are JDM, it makes me feel better :p

Hatch, Si Hatch
01-13-2003, 09:07 PM
But when you say $93 you mean for all 4. Right? I ordered from ProCarParts and they were like alittle over $40 Shipped I think. Mine should be here sometime this week...I ordered em last week.

BlasTech
01-13-2003, 09:18 PM
But that $40 is for two, and with shipping, 2 sets of two comes up to juuuuust about $93....or so.

I just cant justify the price, but man do they look sweet. That's the next best thing to shaved all together, like on the CTR!!

william
01-13-2003, 09:41 PM
That looks nice man, plus seeing as they're so easy to put on / take off. It's a no brainer, if you get sick of them just swap back the old ones.

Makross
01-13-2003, 10:59 PM
not digging it

02SilverSiHB
01-14-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Hatch, Si Hatch
But when you say $93 you mean for all 4. Right? I ordered from ProCarParts and they were like alittle over $40 Shipped I think. Mine should be here sometime this week...I ordered em last week.
;) yeah all four

IceD out N CALI
01-15-2003, 10:10 PM
looks good on the silver. Not too sure about black though

02SilverSiHB
01-16-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
looks good on the silver. Not too sure about black though
yeah, it might stand out too much. But a front red one to go along with the rear one would look good...imo

Hatch, Si Hatch
01-16-2003, 08:06 AM
I put mine on yesterday(front only) with PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs. They look pretty dang good.

ssvr6
01-16-2003, 08:54 AM

I just got some hp header on the way for 177 :)

Where did you get the HP header for 177?

Steve

02SilverSiHB
01-16-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6

Where did you get the HP header for 177?

Steve
ebay :) just put in RSX hp and it should come up. It only took about 2 days for it to get here. But if you don't care about how long it takes, just get it from nopi and get the cheapest shipping...because after shipping, the one I got was about 202 with insurance.

ssvr6
01-16-2003, 10:51 AM
Ahh! I thought it was $177 shipped.

I can get it for $193 shipped from Nopi.

Cool.

Steve

02SilverSiHB
01-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Ahh! I thought it was $177 shipped.

I can get it for $193 shipped from Nopi.

Cool.

Steve
yeah, but it's not priority though is it? At least I hope it's not, because I would have spent 9 bucks too much :D

ssvr6
01-16-2003, 12:25 PM
No, but since it's shipped from GA to FL, it's not a long wait at all. (I got my Injen from them.)

Steve

fishboy
01-16-2003, 01:00 PM
dude i thought i wasn't gonna get some clears, but they look damn good! are the ones on ebay cool?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400419698&category=6777

watch out mugensiboi, ima snipe that shit from you!

Hatch, Si Hatch
01-16-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
dude i thought i wasn't gonna get some clears, but they look damn good! are the ones on ebay cool?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400419698&category=6777

watch out mugensiboi, ima snipe that shit from you!

Those are the same ones, you can go to Procarparts.com and get them instead of waiting on the auction to end, and its the same exact price(the auction is listed like a dollar less then the site's price, but they add the dollar back in on shipping...so same price). Its actually procarparts doing the auction if you notice.

fishboy
01-16-2003, 01:17 PM
doh! thanks for the heads up. i was hoping mugensiboi would chime in and go "noooooo!":D

cpu519
01-17-2003, 11:50 PM
I installed the clear front bumper lights also, with clear bulbs. They look excellent and took only a few minutes. Instead of using a screwdriver to release the tab from the outside, I reached behind through a hole near the battery to remove the left side. For the right, I pushed the fender liner aside and jammed my hand through to release it. But BEWARE, the new lights don't fit as tight as the originals, and would be SUPER EASY TO STEAL . You don't even have to use a screwdriver or anything, just kind of wiggle the light out a bit to expose the tab and out it comes. I originally had the orange bulbs in. When I replaced them with clear ones, that's when I realized how easy they were to take off. I might try to superglue them in so they won't come off. :'(

02SilverSiHB
01-18-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by cpu519
I installed the clear front bumper lights also, with clear bulbs. They look excellent and took only a few minutes. Instead of using a screwdriver to release the tab from the outside, I reached behind through a hole near the battery to remove the left side. For the right, I pushed the fender liner aside and jammed my hand through to release it. But BEWARE, the new lights don't fit as tight as the originals, and would be SUPER EASY TO STEAL . You don't even have to use a screwdriver or anything, just kind of wiggle the light out a bit to expose the tab and out it comes. I originally had the orange bulbs in. When I replaced them with clear ones, that's when I realized how easy they were to take off. I might try to superglue them in so they won't come off. :'(
hhhmmm, mine don't seem easy at all to take out ????

cpu519
01-18-2003, 11:27 PM
My lights aren't sloppy, but they're not exactly tight either because I can slide them around slightly in the slot. I'll probably silicone them in, I'll deal with the hassle later if a bulb burns out. Just a heads up, something to keep in mind knowing how many thieves are out there and how aftermarket parts are not usually made as well as OEM.

02SilverSiHB
01-19-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by cpu519
My lights aren't sloppy, but they're not exactly tight either because I can slide them around slightly in the slot. I'll probably silicone them in, I'll deal with the hassle later if a bulb burns out. Just a heads up, something to keep in mind knowing how many thieves are out there and how aftermarket parts are not usually made as well as OEM.
that's weird, I just tried to move mine around and they don't move a bit.

X 2KS2K
01-21-2003, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure of the exact replacement part, but if you want to keep an amber side light, but not see the amber bulb, something like this would work =>http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/APC504057B

IceD out N CALI
01-21-2003, 10:22 PM
if anyone with a black si has the clear lenses installed, i'd like to see those pics too:)

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2003, 02:53 PM
if anyone with a black si has the clear lenses installed, i'd like to see those pics too:)
I don't think it would look too good imo. I'm actually thinking about getting some touch up paint and just painting these lights to see how it comes out. I didn't like how the stock ones looked when painted over, you could still see the orange and black in them

IceD out N CALI
01-22-2003, 04:09 PM

I don't think it would look too good imo. I'm actually thinking about getting some touch up paint and just painting these lights to see how it comes out. I didn't like how the stock ones looked when painted over, you could still see the orange and black in them

yeah I agree, but was hoping (the off chance) that it does look really good on black. yours looks good. clear on silver is always a nice combo, but u still want to paint them??

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2003, 05:31 PM

yeah I agree, but was hoping (the off chance) that it does look really good on black. yours looks good. clear on silver is always a nice combo, but u still want to paint them??
I'm not totally sure yet. It'll be something I do when I'm reaaaalllllly bored. If I don't like them, I'll just remove the paint

TAK
02-17-2003, 06:35 PM
Anyone have the clear side markers on a white ep, Id like to see how they look.
TAK

02TafWhtSi
02-18-2003, 07:58 PM
I'm replacing the amber front lenses with another set of the red ones (like the back) that just came in at my dealership. These with red sidemarker, turn signal, and parking pulbs should look nice - pics ASAP:)

S2KplusSI
02-20-2003, 04:40 PM
I have them on just the front on my Silver Si and I like it better with the red on the back. It matches the tailights better.

2K2SilverSi
02-23-2003, 02:16 PM
I have a friend that works at a body shop and I am gonna see how much he will charge me to fill in the holes left by the bumper side markers and paint them to match my paint. he did some body work on a guys satin silver metalic civic coupe and he matched the paint perfectly so maybe i will just get mine removed totally.

Sweet02Si
03-10-2003, 03:59 PM
I'll love a pair of those on my silver EP, just to put them on the front but the back red ones will stay on my. 93 bucks seems right for them but can you tell me where? thanks