PDA

View Full Version : Long term effects on a daily driver

SubliminalSi
01-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Would it cause me problems the longer i have it? I wouldnt be shooting it everyday or anything but im kind of interested in trying it out..opinions??

02blksi
01-11-2003, 09:06 AM
if installed correctly (VERY IMPORTANT) and running something conservative like a 50 or a 75 shot, IMO you will have the Dr. Jekyl/Hyde car that is tame off the bottle and screams on it. NOS is a very cheap yet effective way to make power, its also VERY easy on the wallet. JUST make sure the install, jetting, and tunning is all on point. Your engine wont suffer anymore than hard track driving day in and out IMO . --Joe. who speaks from experience ....

I used to run a gen 2 NX wet kit. reliably everyday about 2 bottles every week through my motor. that same motor also saw a turbocharge on it and still runs to this day. Says alot for tunning and honda engineering. --:)

TrippZ
01-11-2003, 10:44 AM
A guy at the local speed shop did some installs on EP's. The most important thing about nitrous is to have your airflow work done, because itll be easier on the system. Intake Headers and Exhaust shuld do it. Also, like o2blk said, a conservative shot and only while you're racing and you'll be a-okay.

bioevolve
01-13-2003, 06:55 PM
I have been thru 9 bottles so far, shots ranges from 35-50hp on bottle 1, 75hp on bottle 2-8, 105ish hp on bottle 9. I use it between 3000rpm to almost redline at WOT, colder plugs, and the bolt -ons listed. No problems so far, change oil every 2000 miles syth. Always check plugs (just in case), and check the bottle pressure before runs, try not to run shot after shot (back to back) it will heat up the engine quick (hence the use of Redline Water Wetter).

That is all I can think of right now hehehe.

Vertigo
01-18-2003, 05:32 PM
I agree with everyone else, that nitrous (if used correctly) will not damage the engine. I prefer a wet set-up, like the N/X kits. IMO nitrous is the way to go if you want a fast 1/4 car,and it's easy on your wallet. Some people might argue that turbo or a supercharger is better for a daily driver, but from my past experience a car on the bottle is faster.:)

Tekdemon
01-20-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Vertigo
I agree with everyone else, that nitrous (if used correctly) will not damage the engine. I prefer a wet set-up, like the N/X kits. IMO nitrous is the way to go if you want a fast 1/4 car,and it's easy on your wallet. Some people might argue that turbo or a supercharger is better for a daily driver, but from my past experience a car on the bottle is faster.:)
LOL like the Venom 6 second import Tacoma pickup...

That was just scary seeing a pickup pretty much say up yours to the air resistance and brute forcing it's way into the 6's...crazy =)

95 GSR
01-20-2003, 01:16 AM
DONT USE BOSCH SPARK PLUGS!!!!
I couldn't find the spark plugs i was looking for ( NGKs ) , so i choose to go with the Bosch platinum2(2steps colder) for the time being. Didn't last me 2 days. I squezed maybe 5 times the first day and once the morning of the 2nd day. Then i was on my way to LACR ( LA county raceway) to test my car. Right before we were about to exist i floored it on the freeway, was just checking my air/fuel meter. Everything was fine. Got off the freeway, im at a light, and i start to notice my car is not idling right. I pass the gas and it feels like its about to stall. I keep driving hoping that im just dreaming and nuthin is wrong... then it gets worse and worse, it was not picking up any RPM. Spiting out fuel from the exhuast, so we guessed it was the plugs, it was the #1 cylinder spark plug... gone,melted. The other ones were still good. Stuck in the middle of Palmdale , about 60 miles away from home:'( , Luckily i still had my stock NGKs in my trunk:D , saved my own ass! Drove to the Wal-Mart a mile away, got some tools, changed the plugs and still got to run at the track, even tho we were over an hour late.

DONT USE BOSCH SPARK PLUGS!!

ssvr6
01-20-2003, 08:00 AM
I never had any problems with my Bosch plugs, they worked great for a year and a half. (I changed them 5 times during that time, more for safety than anything else.)

Vertigo -- Our EP can only use a wet shot since we don't have a return fuel line.

I'm seriously considering this mod since it's not that expensive and easy to remove. (Unlike a ECU reflash.)

Steve

quicksi
01-20-2003, 08:42 AM
I definetely agree with ssvr6...... With nitrous you are going to get the best results for your money. Previous to the EP i had a 00si (electron blue) and i had a dry system in that puppy. (70 shot) and it was amazing. Words can't describethe response.:p

95 GSR
01-20-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
I never had any problems with my Bosch plugs, they worked great for a year and a half. (I changed them 5 times during that time, more for safety than anything else.)

But your not squeezing. I meant they are bad for nitrous.

quicksi- damn 70 dry shot. i got a wet kit and im scared to go more then 40, but i aslo have 101,000+ miles and blow-by(bad rings).

quicksi
01-20-2003, 09:53 AM
Yeah 95 gsr i had a 70 shot and the engine felt like could take more but i scared to do so ..... also i only had about 30,000 miles more or less.

bioevolve
01-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Just stick with Iridium plugs IK22 1 step or IK24 2 step for our EPs, I have had NO problems with those.

Vertigo
01-20-2003, 05:52 PM
My bad ssvr6. I forgot that the EP is like the RSX and has no return fuel line. I based my knowledge off of runing the bottle on v8's. Also my roommate ran a 75 shot on his previous NSX, it would run 12.00 all day long! :D

GeNoZiDe
08-04-2003, 09:31 PM
wha about running Denso Iridium IK20's with n20
cuz i dont plan to use it too TOO much would the IK20's gimme better perf with and with out?
if i get the IK24's and i dont use the n2o to much then i would suffer a bit when i jus go with out it?