PDA

View Full Version : Shifting in Al Greas Feels Mushy

lollygagger
10-28-2012, 07:34 AM
*Sorry for the terrible Title I didn't spell check it-Anyway to edit this?*

Shifting was fine on Friday. Absolutely pure and crisp, the reason I love Hondas. Anywho, yesterday morning (the morning right after everything was fine) I left somewhat early but it wasn't cold outside, let it idle a bit to warm it and left. I slightly grinded first when leaving the complex because of steep hill stoplight, nothing out of the ordinary in terms of grinding though. Afterwards, it became more difficult to shift into any gear. It lost the crispness and ease that I was used to. It almost became spongy, or stiff for lack of better terms. Anybody else experience this or have fixes?

I'm not sure if hitting a drop in pavement level had anything to do with it as well? The Friday night I had also gone over a pavement drop due to construction somewhat hard, but my car isn't lowered enough to slam anything. I just have the A-Spec suspension. I also can't recall if I felt anything weird after this, I believe it was fine.

lollygagger
10-28-2012, 07:50 PM
UPDATE: Shifting downwards i.e. into 2nd, 4th out of 1st, 3rd, 5th is slightly easier than shifting upwards i.e into 1st, 3rd, 5th out of 2nd, 4th, Reverse. However, shifting into reverse doesn't seem to have been affected at all by any of this.

lollygagger
11-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Intake hose was resting on the counterweights.

/thread