PDA

View Full Version : Catalytic Converter And Emissions ONTARIO

sawiresa
10-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Hey there ephatchers, I've been on this site for a while now just never posted. I figured you guys would be the best people to ask. Especially those whole live in Toronto Ontario!!

I need to get an emissions test done and just my luck; I've got a code P0420. Which as we all know means catalyst system efficiency below threshold. After much reading it seems that it has happened before to many other owners before me. My question however is for those who live in Ontario have any of you passed your emissions test with a code like this (clearing it before the test starts) ?

Do you think I even have a chance of passing an emissions test ? Tips ? Tricks ? I know the easiest thing would be to change the cat, however $$ is in the picture and spending a minimum of $300 is not something I would like to do atm. Thanks in advance!

i-WERKS
11-02-2012, 07:13 AM
My car has had the CEL on for a few years now. The shop told me it was related to the catalytic converter. I've passed two emissions test since with no issues. I'd say pay the $30 first to see if you pass. Then spend the $300 if you don't.

sawiresa
11-02-2012, 11:30 AM
My car has had the CEL on for a few years now. The shop told me it was related to the catalytic converter. I've passed two emissions test since with no issues. I'd say pay the $30 first to see if you pass. Then spend the $300 if you don't.

Really ? I had a bad feeling it would fail, but thank you i-WERKS for the reply! I will go get the test done today and tell you how it goes!