PDA

View Full Version : fabbing an engine harness ??

los
11-08-2012, 10:06 AM
hey whats up guys i was researching on harnesses and would like to know if anyone know somewhere to buy honda connectors and wire to mil spec ? all i have found is a digikey site but its super complicated to id the parts youll need and tyco electronics is another. if your wondering why i dont just buy one its not about being cheap im just that kinda person that wants to do stuff for the eff of it im gonna end up buying one anyways i just wanna give it a try but i havent been able to find a parts supplier any help will be appreciated thanks oh and i wasnt sure where to post this so if its in the wrong place sorry

SkareKrow
11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Bump

¶SK¬

los
11-08-2012, 01:48 PM
dude i guess not one person has ever wonder'd about making a harness but dont trip im on to something imma learn watch lol

SkareKrow
11-08-2012, 03:03 PM
dude i guess not one person has ever wonder'd about making a harness but dont trip im on to something imma learn watch lol

:thumbsu:

¶SK¬

Ba82Ep3
11-08-2012, 03:45 PM
This should get ya started...

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88554

All arent available... sometimes you have to reclaim what you need from older harnesses. A lot are the same over the years... and easily found in junkyards off of other Honda/Acuras. Take your time... its not hard to do... :mwink:

el_puncho
11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
I usually go here when I need something...and its not that bad a drive from Riverside.

http://www.h-auto.com/

los
11-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Ba82Ep3 thanks man i been going nuts searching everything and its personal now i wanna learn it plus my buddies dad used to wire buses and stuff so hes got the tools and a lot of knowledge i just need the supplies only problem is he doesnt know where to get them so imma find them with some help and imma give it a try imma keep looking for the connectors still any info is helpful THANKS Ba82Ep3 again lol

los
11-09-2012, 07:25 AM
so i got a parts list on the lil metal connectors and receivers and i know what kind of wire to use and the tools i will need, the tools i can just get a hold of from a friend but now i cant seem to find how to id the plastic clips lol only ones i know are the injector clips since you can just by the pigtails if anyone got any info on this and wouldnt be a jerk about helping out id appreciate it a lot thanks