PDA

View Full Version : A/C Condonsation

chadsolomon
07-22-2002, 10:22 AM
Went on a 500 mile breakin run over the weekend with worrying results...It was REALLY hot and steamy and was running the A/C with cruise control at 75-80 mph. As I went over bumps or took a turn my accelerator foot was getting dripped on. WHAT GIVES!
At a refill stop I checked the lower vent and it was FULL of drops of H20. Now I understand that under certain conditions you may get condensation so I put the car on resurculate to 'dry' the air.

Didn't work, :eek: in fact the stereo started 'short out'. Meaning, that the controls worked but no sound-only crackles to the speakers.

This morning the stereo worked fine but now I'm worried. I don't want some Honda tech f***ing with my Si unless I KNOW that it'll fix the problem.

Have you all heard or experienced this? I figure that in Florida running long distances with A/C would be the norm-no?

Pradamuimui
07-22-2002, 12:44 PM
That is really freaking weird.... and thats the first time that I've heard something like that, so call Honda and let everyone here know what they tell you...BECAUSE THAT IS JUST PLAIN WEIRD!!!!