PDA

View Full Version : slammed !

los
11-09-2012, 06:30 PM
so i lowered my ep on tein sprins and it was a cool lil drop i liked it for like two days lol now i wanna slam it but idk how people get there cars that low is it with springs, coilovers, or what ?

poeticfinesse21
11-09-2012, 07:11 PM
If you're gonna slam it then just buy some raceland coilovers. Anything else is just a waste of money cuz your suspension is gonna be fucked anyway :tsk:

los
11-09-2012, 07:17 PM
yeah thats true i hate that why cant you get slammed with good suspension :mfrown: race lands are pretty cheap too how low can you go on them ?

theMan_ny
11-09-2012, 07:47 PM
pretty low. thats what [they] are intended for.

Her-Name's-Ally
11-10-2012, 12:27 PM
do what you want but you will hate life.

EUB44
11-10-2012, 10:19 PM
If you dont give a fuck about your suspension, just cut your springs. It is free but don`t heat your springs for easier cut. You`ll cause crooked springs.

lemonhead228
11-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Lmao nah don't do that, your shocks are going to blow quick and the ride is gonna be shity.

If you want to be cheap about it get raceland, other than that function and form type 2 and d2 coilovers go loooow and are better quality pieces.

But its just for looks, you gonna have to suffer from everyday driving hahah

los
11-11-2012, 11:24 AM
function and forms are a 1000 bucks are the pretty decent

Draw7Seven
11-11-2012, 12:36 PM
You get to pick between decency and being slammed. You're doing so many awful things to the geometry of the car and the quality of ride by lowering it that far that decency is not a factor. At that point you may as well just go cheap, since you'll need the money to pay for new components every ten thousand miles or so (optimistically).

EUB44
11-12-2012, 05:01 PM
function and forms are a 1000 bucks are the pretty decent

Instead of paying 1k for F&F, I would get Buddyclub N+ for $1160.

poeticfinesse21
11-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Considering that the OP wants his car slammed, any performance suspension would have no "performance" at all. Why waste hundreds or thousands of dollars on something that will constantly need to be replaced and won't even be used at it's full potential? It's your wallet and your car man but think about that before you buy some $1000+ coilovers and slam it.

gribly
11-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Have you put any thought into how the steering works on these cars? I have been told that anything over a 1" drop on these cars ruins steering geometry, even with the tie rod ends to fix it. To knowingly decrease the performance and usability of your car just to look cool (in your head, the rest of us laugh) is not a wise choice of money. Slammed vehicles have their place, and there is nothing wrong with doing it to a vehicle that it can be some properly on, especially if it is a bagged minitruck or something.

los
11-13-2012, 06:27 AM
laughed at really lol ? and mini trucks no way!!! my post was just to gain knowledge on the topic the car is my dd its lowered on springs but the rear is too high. when i went to eibach this year i seen some eps pretty low all the way around. they were built pretty good like they were track ready. i was just wondering dam! dont get you panties all in a bunch lol plus if i slammed anything it wouldnt be my dd. if i was to spend a g on on coilovers i wouldnt destroy them just to keep replacing them. im just wondering how they get that low .

gribly
11-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Hold your horses, my panties aren't in a bunch. I'm just saying how it is and stating that there is a huge difference between a performance vehicle and a show car. These pictures of "track ready" cars you see are either show cars, or they are not slammed and you and I have a different definition of slammed. Also, how long have you had the springs on the car? Have you let them settle? It will take a few weeks for your car to reach actual ride height with many aftermarket springs, sometimes you don't get any drop at all right off the bat.

los
11-13-2012, 09:32 AM
lol i dont have horses and the springs have been in for a month and the ep is a dd i put 50 miles a day on it 5 days a week lol so i think they are settles. i did get a 2inch drop in the front and 1 in the back bit it looks funny like a stink bug with its but up in the air

differentK
11-13-2012, 10:32 AM
lol this thread needs moaarr low... if you like the slammed look then go for it- its your dime and your car. just remember- all these comments are essentially 'i told you so' comments. happy slamming

poeticfinesse21
11-13-2012, 01:05 PM
I think slammed EP's look like a sick dog dragging it's ass on the carpet lol

doubledouble
11-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Can't believe anyone is recommending to cut the springs. :facepalm: x 10000000000

EUB44
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
^^ Since he doesnt give a fuck about his ride quality, why would he pay $1000 for coilovers and get the same look with springs. It`s the cheapest way to get same look, anyway he`ll have an terrible car geometry in both options.

edit: It easy to say "ohh dude come on thats completely rice thing to do" Well, we all know it is but this guy is looking for slammed look which will give him a shitty ride even he is on any coilovers or cutted springs.

nbpEp3s
11-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Here what you need to know...http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=565170&highlight=slamming+ep3

nbpEp3s
11-13-2012, 10:20 PM
and do your self a favor and do not get rokkor coilovers, there always that saying you get what you pay for. There Clunking noise is horrible.