PDA

View Full Version : Flashing CEL, Random Misfires, Goes into Limp Mode

H0ndas g0 Vr00m
11-10-2012, 02:29 PM
I have a 2003 Civic Si with about 217,XXX on the clock. The problems that I am having are listed below:

1. Flashing Check Engine Light.
2. CEL Codes show Misfire in Cyl. 1,2,3,4 and Random Misfire.
3. On cold start up the car will die sometimes.

I have also noticed that the car will put itself into Limp Mode. It happened for the first time on the 26th of October while taking the car around a 160degree turn at about 40mph in 2nd gear. I can turn the car off and then turn it back on and Limp Mode goes away.

Also, on a cold start up the car will die while stopped RIGHT AFTER it has warmed up all the way. Sometimes once the car is warmed up, it will also fluctuate the idle. (Dip around or below the 500RPM mark)

Here is what i currently have done:
1. Coil packs changed out,
2. Primary o2 sensor changed (car threw a code for this around late October).
3. Spark plugs changed.
4. Compression Test done (150 and above across all 4 cyl.)

Does anyone have any clue what is going on? I am looking to sell the car to pick up something else as I am getting out of the Honda scene.

Any input is helpful.
Thanks!

.colin
11-10-2012, 02:40 PM
does it have oil?

H0ndas g0 Vr00m
11-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Yes it has oil. I will be changing the oil again tomorrow even though i did it about 2 months ago.

.colin
11-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Just making sure, my car went into limp mode while taking a sharp turn because it was low on oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H0ndas g0 Vr00m
11-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Right on.

It's still not explaining why the car is misfiring like it is though. Haha.

Im looking to sell the car in the next two months, so i need to get this figured out and taken care of. I would rather NOT go to the stealer ship as i need the cash for a down payment on a new car.