PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts reviews on HR shifter cables?

Powers
11-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Thinking of picking those suckers up on payday this week. Anyone have them and have reviews for them? How much of a difference did they make? Were they worth the doe? Thanks in advance guys! :mbiggrin:

Ba82Ep3
11-12-2012, 02:44 AM
I dont have the EP anymore... but the HR shift box and cables i have are freekin sex.Theyre buttery smooth, and the shift box is awesome, Its definitely one of my fave parts of the swap. You cant go wrong with HR products...

sp00n sp0rts
11-18-2012, 05:32 PM
+1 hr products are legit even if you get jus the base bushings and the shifter cable bushings its all worth every penny..

Powers
11-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I just got something in the mail today starts with a h ends with a s. take a guess :D

Powers
12-09-2012, 12:05 AM
So I got a good update for this thread. My review on the HR cables I just installed them two days ago.

Installing them was pretty straight forward. If you put in a BCSS you can do these with ease but remember the little tricks you learned with the BCSS. The only problem I had was the length of them. They are about 6 inches longer then stock so you have to route them a little differently.

The way I did it was snake them down under the car and hook up the transmission end first. From there put them up through the floor board. When you go inside the car you will see what I mean with them being six inches longer. I took this to an advantage. I attached the cables to the shifter mechanism while the were sticking up like that. Made life so much easier.

Now heres where you'll want an extra hand. Lift the car back up with a person inside of it. Have the peson inside of it slowly push down and the shifter while you pull the cables back down and out of the floor board from underneath until you can bolt the shifter back in place. After the shifters bolted back in place go ahead and reroute those suckers.

The shift selector lever springs are deffinetly needed with these cables. But don't worry HR already includes them with the cables. With out these install if you go side to side and neutral and let go of the shifter all the way to the left......It will not center it will stay all the way to the left.

Powers
12-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Tomorrow I'm going back to the shop Ill take pics of the cables underneath the car so that you can see how I re routed them. I also have some comparison pictures of oem versus the hr cables.

My initial thought on them while driving....thank you sweet baby jesus! sex sex sex sex sex. The shifts are much more firm and smooth. There really is no more play what so ever. That pattern on your shift knob...you can clearly feel where each gate is. It does take a tad more effort to shift which I personally don't mind. Basically I have nothing bad to say about these.

These cables are tied for first on my favorite mod on the car so far.

Ba82Ep3
12-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Im glad you installed them and like them. Pix would be awesome for those interested. Not everyone is willing to drop that kinda coin on something they cant see a need for... unlike a power adder for instance. So many are wrapped up in dyno numbers they forget to build a better PACKAGE to house/control that power under the hood.

HR truly makes awesome products. Since im on the true 'swap' side of things, i use their products more than your average EP'er would... but i promise ya... you wont be disappointed with any of their goods. HR throttle body up next bawse!

Powers
12-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Im glad you installed them and like them. Pix would be awesome for those interested. Not everyone is willing to drop that kinda coin on something they cant see a need for... unlike a power adder for instance. So many are wrapped up in dyno numbers they forget to build a better PACKAGE to house/control that power under the hood.

HR truly makes awesome products. Since im on the true 'swap' side of things, i use their products more than your average EP'er would... but i promise ya... you wont be disappointed with any of their goods. HR throttle body up next bawse!

Well I didn't get any with my car on the lift to show underneath how I routed them. I had to work on the girls killed in action all day long.

I totally agree with you on building a better package to control all that power though. I'm trying to make my ep the best it can with the stock a3 before I go for the swap.

HR throttle body and a rbc from them bored for the 70 is up next for me!