PDA

View Full Version : Strange popping/clunkclunkclunk sound

doubledouble
11-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Especially when I start my car for the day and pull out of my spot over speed bumps. It continues as I drive around. It's only in the front passenger side.

LCA? Bushings? How do I know?

poeticfinesse21
11-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Get under the car and take look man. Bad bushings will look torn, your endlinks for the front sway bar could be broken, could be the axle. Is the suspension stock?

doubledouble
11-14-2012, 04:48 PM
The endlinks aren't broken they're old but but not broken. The bushings look really beat but not torn so I'm not sure. I'm on some Rokkor coils, which I doubt is the problem since I've had this problem (just not as bad) with my old suspension set up.

black05ep
11-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Having a similar problem. Im thinkjn its my bushings. Theyre beat pretty bad. Or my lower ball joint. The boot is ripped.

doubledouble
11-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Is replacing bushing something you can DIY or does it require special tools?

black05ep
11-17-2012, 09:13 AM
I believe they have to be pressed out but dont quote me.

EUB44
11-17-2012, 11:26 AM
I believe rokkor and racelands are made by same company. (Correct me If i am wrong). They look exact same except spring rates. Most raceland owners are complaining about clunking noise and some dont care about it by saying what u pay what u get.

See the link for how to stop it
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?58064-DIY-Stop-your-Racelands-from-clunking&highlight=raceland

doubledouble
11-17-2012, 05:40 PM
I believe rokkor and racelands are made by same company. (Correct me If i am wrong). They look exact same except spring rates. Most raceland owners are complaining about clunking noise and some dont care about it by saying what u pay what u get.

See the link for how to stop it
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?58064-DIY-Stop-your-Racelands-from-clunking&highlight=raceland

They are the same from my understanding. Though as I mentioned above I'm not sure if that's what is causing the noise since I've had that noise and floating feeling before I installed these coils. The noise is just much worst now and more frequent.

doubledouble
11-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Anyone?

Silvercard
11-27-2012, 10:36 PM
I solved the problem by replacing the driving side axle. Was having the same popping noises and clunking. My axle cv boot was ripped and was no grease left.

02CivicSI-VTEC
01-08-2013, 09:02 AM
I have NNR coil over same thing as racelands/rokkers/SSR coilovers. had these set on my car for more then 6months now and the front right suspension is making alot of clunking noises. I thought it was my bushing or end link going out. after replacing those parts it still there. I remember that with these type of coilovers you need to tighten the WASHER where the piston goes into the shaft. once I removed it the washer was very loose so I retighten with red thread loctite. if one side was coming loose i might as well do the driver. to remove it or loosen it i used a plummer pipe ranch to break it loose. after reinstalling everything the noise went away and my suspension felt new again. HIGHLY recommend doing this. for the price I paid for with these coil over I enjoy them very much just gotta maintain it. there a DIY about the removal of the washer here on ephatch. hope that help for those of you who experienced this problem.

black05ep
01-08-2013, 09:48 AM
I have the ssr coilovers, i got the before him^ i was the guinea pig. Having no problems at all besides my bushings and ball joints. Also had a torn torque mount.put the inserts i. And that stopped some of the noises.