PDA

View Full Version : k20a swap final results

mussh
11-21-2012, 04:36 PM
just did a mustang dyno.
made 202 hp with 147 tq.

kpro
triple y header
had a warm air intake at dyno...now have cold air.

got a good deal on the motor. mostly due to it not having a tranny.
so im using the stock 5-speed.

those numbers sound right?

SkareKrow
11-21-2012, 04:46 PM
just did a mustang dyno.
made 202 hp with 137 tq.

kpro
triple y header
had a warm air intake at dyno...now have cold air.

got a good deal on the motor. mostly due to it not having a tranny.
so im using the stock 5-speed.

those numbers sound right?

I think you can do better then that. But glad you got the k20a for good price:thumbu:!

¶SK¬

mussh
11-21-2012, 04:51 PM
tuner was only taking it to 8k. he told me it wasnt making power after that.
at 5500 it pulls like crazy compared to the a3, so im having a blast.

tht1guy
11-21-2012, 04:57 PM
tuner was only taking it to 8k. he told me it wasnt making power after that.
at 5500 it pulls like crazy compared to the a3, so im having a blast.

dude I'm in MD. Come by one day I'd love to go for a ride in that bad boy!

mussh
11-21-2012, 05:02 PM
dude I'm in MD. Come by one day I'd love to go for a ride in that bad boy!

hell yeah man....... if someone had given me a ride in a swapped ep3, i would have done it alot sooner.

im in sykesville...... you close to that?

poeticfinesse21
11-21-2012, 05:20 PM
The 5-speed is hurting you, you're probably falling out of vtec. Those gear ratios were put together for a K20A3 with a 6800 RPM redline. Get yourself a type-r trans or a K20Z3 trans and you will feel a HUGE difference.

mussh
11-21-2012, 05:25 PM
The 5-speed is hurting you, you're probably falling out of vtec. Those gear ratios were put together for a K20A3 with a 6800 RPM redline. Get yourself a type-r trans or a K20Z3 trans and you will feel a HUGE difference.

tuner set big cam at 4200, so im staying in vtec when wot.

but you are absolutley right, a type r tranny would wake up the motor.

tht1guy
11-21-2012, 06:12 PM
hell yeah man....... if someone had given me a ride in a swapped ep3, i would have done it alot sooner.

im in sykesville...... you close to that?

Google says I'm an 1 hour and 25 mins south of you. I'm in Waldorf.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mussh
11-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Google says I'm an 1 hour and 25 mins south of you. I'm in Waldorf.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thats not to far.
gonna go into winter mode soon though....stock rims with winter tires. not quite the same in the corners and now with the stronger motor, its going to be interesting.

urthworm
11-23-2012, 02:45 PM
for a mustang dyno those numbers are really good.. those dynos read really low. besides dont worry about dyno numbers cause they all differ. Just as long as ur car runs good. The five speed does have alil longer gears but it isnt going to kill the performance.

mussh
11-25-2012, 11:06 AM
for a mustang dyno those numbers are really good.. those dynos read really low. besides dont worry about dyno numbers cause they all differ. Just as long as ur car runs good. The five speed does have alil longer gears but it isnt going to kill the performance.

haha the car pulls like crazy compared to the a3...im having alot of fun.....if a cop see's me, im gonna get a ticket (knocks on wood).
yeah i got tall gears alright. third hits the rev limiter at 90 and thats at 8200 rpm. torque steering is no longer a joke. its down right frightening at times. still got to work out some suspension issues.....
i love the five speed..... but it doesnt act the same as the a3 at low rpm. im sure it has to do with the gearing. might be due to a old tps?? not sure....still working out the kinks.
but i suspect a type r tranny would really make the difference at this point. i need that lsd to counter torque steer.