PDA

View Full Version : My EP with the HKS Hi-Power Catback

KrakHor9
01-11-2003, 01:27 PM
:) Went on very well, no problems
http://www.teamvertigo.org/phpBB2/download.php?id=313

LazyAzzAzian
01-11-2003, 02:12 PM
hey that looks nice, got a lotta snow huh? was that a complete bolt on system or is it custom, and it looks like the exhaust sits pretty straight, but i ve heard that it should be angled, maybe its just the angle of the picture

KrakHor9
01-11-2003, 02:25 PM
its prolly just the angle of the picture, its the whole catback (bolt-on), ill post up some better pictures later
yeah so i do all the werk in the garage at a friends, and get home and took forever to get up the driveway :( hehe

Brettnyt
01-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Looks great! Sound clips? I really wanna hear this thing!

02TafWhtSi
01-13-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by KrakHor9
:) Went on very well, no problems
http://www.teamvertigo.org/phpBB2/download.php?id=313

Krak - where did you buy yours from? Mine just came UPS while I was away last week and I'm going to install it on Friday (1/17). I bought mine from Showstoppers USA ofr $539 shipped. BTW, I live in NJ too - will you be at our little meet on the 19th @ Menlo Park?

KrakHor9
01-13-2003, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi

Krak - where did you buy yours from? Mine just came UPS while I was away last week and I'm going to install it on Friday (1/17). I bought mine from Showstoppers USA ofr $539 shipped. BTW, I live in NJ too - will you be at our little meet on the 19th @ Menlo Park? [/QUOTE
i got mine for like 550 at a local shop, you got a good price, and i would like to be at the meet, but i go to skewl in rochester ny so that isnt gonna happen :( ill be home in like 6 weeks if that helps hehe
the only pain i had was the 3 nuts on the cat, they needed a breaker bar, but other than that, that thing fits great, good choice]

atl-si
01-14-2003, 08:11 AM
Very nice choice!http://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

silver ep
01-14-2003, 08:13 AM
Looks great!, hows the exhaust note?

02TafWhtSi
01-14-2003, 04:39 PM
I know the build quality is awesome and you can't beat a complete cat-back for ease of install/uninstall but that muffler is lookin kinda, oh I don't know, umm.... BIG. I have owned an Apex-i N1 sysytem before on my 00' EX and the muffler wans't nearly as big - this thing has an enormous tip! I'm wondering if I made a mistake - I'll be installing it Friday and I just don't want to be dissapointed. What does everyone think? Too ricey or just right? I've heard great things about HKS and I doubt I'll have any problems but man this muffler is huge!

KrakHor9
01-15-2003, 10:29 AM
Yeah i know its big, but that was the only thing i didnt like about it, otherwise i am extremely happy with it. id rather have one that sounds and works great rather than one that look great and sounds like shit, and was a pain in the ass to install...

BlackSi2002
01-15-2003, 12:52 PM
so is it really deep at all rpms, i'm going to buy it next month i hope, also how loud is it? thanks

NamingException
01-15-2003, 01:05 PM
Hey KrakHor9, I live in Rochester. I thought that snow looked familar. The back of my black Si looks exactly the same at the moment, except without the cool exhaust.

What shop did you go to? I don't know what shops are good around here and what aren't.

KrakHor9
01-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by NamingException
Hey KrakHor9, I live in Rochester. I thought that snow looked familar. The back of my black Si looks exactly the same at the moment, except without the cool exhaust.

What shop did you go to? I don't know what shops are good around here and what aren't.

I actually went to Autocrafting right out front of RIT where i go to skewl, i get decent prices there since i have been spending money there. Its prolly the only shop i bother checkin after i get an idea from the net of a good price....

IceD out N CALI
01-15-2003, 11:26 PM
looks nice

Tekdemon
01-16-2003, 11:24 AM
*whew* I thought I was the only idiot who had bought a new Si and brought it to cold ass Rochester(I'm at the U of R)...

The day I drove it up here I was turning in towards my dorm to unload and right by our post office was...a silver Si exactly like mine.

*doh* not as unique anymore =P I honked when the owner got back the 2nd time I went around(was trying to get a good parking spot to unload without people hitting my car or blocking off traffic) but I don't think the owner got the concept.

If that was any of you, well hi, I'm the idiot in the Silver Si =P

Tekdemon
01-16-2003, 11:28 AM
Oh and do you feel any power gain from the catback? I don't care too much about having extra sound if there's not much extra power for the money since I'm rather short on cash(basically I dumped every last penny I had into my car...then got some loans and my parents helped cover a bit) so I've been having to buy gas on credit(yes I'm that low on cash). Will have money again soon hopefully, but still gotta pay those loans. Anyways, I know HKS is good stuff and am kind of hoping they release a full turbo bolt on kit for our Si's....

HKS started this turbo shit up way back when anyways =P so I'm sure they know what the hell they're doing =)

(HKS produced the first commercial Turbo kit for passenger cars in the 70's or something)