PDA

View Full Version : Steering is real sloppy

Kerby
11-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Sup guys.

This past weekend I stalled some rokkor EP3 specific coil overs. Followed all instructions and greased up all my top hats.
I did not however install the rear camber or front camber bolts yet. Too lazy and I have to get a bigger heater for my garage.
The current thread count is as follows: front- all the way down. The rears are at 2.5cm to the last thread.

So for ha-ha's I took a spin around our condo driveway. SLOPPY as all hell. Steering wheel felt it was fighting slightly in the opposite direction.
Should a proper alignment fix this, or is there another issue I should address prior to getting an alignment?

cvicep3
11-26-2012, 03:34 PM
It needs alignment.

Her-Name's-Ally
11-26-2012, 04:45 PM
just got my coils in and the alignment helped tremendously. make sure your tie rods are securely fastened too specially if you changed em

b_ron
11-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Hopefully your tie rods have enough thread

Kerby
11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
I never even swapped tie rods. I'm planing on buying the Moog ones just in case when I get the alignment.
I just remember when I did bound control coil overs on my 91 corolla the car drove fine right after. No sloppyness whatsoever.

Supaduck
11-26-2012, 05:15 PM
you should definitely get in the camber kits before you go for alignment, but yes. alignment will help.