PDA

View Full Version : best way to fix suspension?

tech9
11-26-2012, 06:05 PM
so my front shocks are completely blown and im running on tein springs, which have been running for probably 80-90k miles. would it be okay to buy new shocks and put my current tein springs on? or should i look for a new set of lowering springs? i dont want to spend $900 on coils nor do i want stock height again haha.. would evem used coilovers be a good idea? any help would be appreciated

Zzyzx
11-27-2012, 12:17 PM
new dampers would work fine. Look for some that are shorter then OEM in overall length, as they will handle being lowered better (I believe tokico HP dampers are slightly shorter)

Her-Name's-Ally
11-27-2012, 07:46 PM
replacing your suspension is expensive no matter what.
you can
A) spend a lot of money to stay low on either coilovers (used is ok if they werent beaten to death) or good struts/ shocks (Koni yellows/ tokico blues)
B) go back stock
C) buy something cheap to match with your springs to keep you afloat and spend the same amount in a few monthes when they break again

its up to you

tech9
11-28-2012, 12:53 AM
replacing your suspension is expensive no matter what.
you can
A) spend a lot of money to stay low on either coilovers (used is ok if they werent beaten to death) or good struts/ shocks (Koni yellows/ tokico blues)
B) go back stock
C) buy something cheap to match with your springs to keep you afloat and spend the same amount in a few monthes when they break again

its up to you

man.. maybe i should just duke it out and get some coils.. thanks for the different options!

Her-Name's-Ally
11-28-2012, 07:25 AM
yes sir good luck. I personally didnt mind riding on stock height until I had enough to buy coils.