PDA

View Full Version : IACV? VAC/Boost leak? Whats wrong with my car.

BlueEP3
11-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Ok to start off with I've been having idling issue on my car. my idle will hang sometimes when i put it in neutral and sometimes it will bounce like the IACV isn't function properly. RPM bounce ranges from 850 - 2500. To help stop this i have to tap the throttle while im driving. i have also tried adjusting the throttle screw under the throttle cable to see if this couldve been the problem but still no luck if anything now my throttle gets stuck sometimes. This started happening after i had put the turbo on. i also switched from tapping multiple lines to the brake booster and just putting one tap to go into a vacuum block and i have deleted my idle air assist valve (located on the coolant housing on the block. also note this has been deleted for awhile now without this problem happening before). ive also tried to locate any boost leaks possble and i haven't found any.

mods:
50 trim t-04b-s Turbonetics Single Ball Bearing
Log style ebay manifold
2.25 intercooler piping
hks ver.2 ssqv
tial 38mm wg 7.25 spring (brand new)

kpro:
running off the greddy 550cc12ohm7psi CAL.
idle set to 850
idle valve cycle is adjusted to 75% of the bar (due to when i get on the clutch my idle false too low and stalls engine)

anyone know of anything or any tuning issue im missing?

larryo108
12-02-2012, 05:30 PM
I am sorry. I cannot help with your problem. But I share your pain. I have replaced my IACV and will be replacing my AAV as well. That has been capped for a while. Just out of curiosity, do you have any AC issues? I will be following your thread. Hope you firgure it out. I know how frustrating it is.

Civic5lug
12-12-2012, 07:11 PM
whats your MAP sensor reading at idle?